A Hotel for Rehab 2

*knock knock*

Artemisia knocked on the front door of the Happy Hotel and saw the face of the princess before her.

"Hello Princess Charlie. It been a while since I last saw you, though we never really met." Art said with a smile.

Charlie was surprised seeing the Emerald Witch on the doorstep and so was Vaggie.

They also knew Artemisia was one of the few 'good' demons in Hell, only targeting the 'unredeemable' and helping the lesser demons. Though she looked similar to a certain red deer, she was more approachable.

Although...

"Emerald Witch. What are you doing here? They said you seldom come out at this time." Vaggie said wanting an answer.

"Well, I saw the little mishap on the telly, and to be honest, while your idea for redemption is nice, it seemed you rushed in too quickly." Artemisia said walking into the lobby, the place having seen better days.

Did that Lucifer set his daughter up for failure? Well, she's gonna have to do something about it...

With a snap of her fingers, the lobby was all fixed up to the girls' surprise.

"Wait, what do you mean by 'rushed'?" Charlie asked.

"Like I said, unlike others, I'm not opposed to redemption, but the way you made it sound was too sugar-coated. And your subjects laughed for a reason, but not to mock you." Artemisia clarified making Charlie confused.

"You were naturally born down here in Hell, your subjects were originally human. Some of them had good lives though they made a mistake or two to get down here, and it slowly destroyed them. Others were born into less savory lives and don't really have an option. They did what they had to survive in what they would call a cruel world. Once they came down here, they either embraced their sins or took as a chance to gain power, to not be crushed or pushed around again, because it was the only thing they knew what to do, or what they were raised to do. Whether it's murder or the like, it was to survive another day for them.
Some sin cause of trauma, some do it cause it was their only option or to even try to escape from their situation. You barely come across a person that only killed for amusement.

People who have never known peace have different values than those who never knew true suffering.

I learned that the hard way at a very tender age. So have a few sinners down here." Artemisia finished.

Charlie was silent at the explanation.
She really did want to help her people, but Artemisia was right. Maybe she did rush too fast with her idea that all demons could be redeemed...but Artemisia did say she supported her idea.

They would have to do a few changes to the project if it would help. She heard that Artemisia was good at stuff like this.
------------
Sorry for the long wait, Alastor will appear in the next chap!