ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʷᵉⁿᵗʸ ᵒⁿᵉ

''ON WHOSE ORDERS?''

Jason took a step forward and though Noelani was still mad at him, she was relieved to see that he was still willing to fight by her side, despite having said that he didn't want her with them.

''Zeus will fire you if you don't stop us!''

''I doubt it.'' Aeolus flicked his wrist, and far below them, a call door opened in the pit. Jason could hear storm spirits screaming out of it, spiraling towards them, howling for blood. ''Even Zeus understands the order of things. And if she is waking - by all the gods - she cannot be denied. Goodbye, heroes. I'm terribly sorry, but I'll have to make this quick. I'm back on heir in five minutes.''

Jason summoned his sword. Coach Hedge pulled out his club. Mellie yelled, 'No!'' Noelani didn't know weather it was because she was on their side or because she and Hedge had been making googly eyes at each other for the past five minutes, but frankly she didn't mind.

Mellie dived at their feet just in time as the storm spirits hit with hurricane force, blasting the floor to paces, shredding the carpet samples and marble and linoleum into what should've been lethal projectiles, had Mellie's robes not spread out like a shield and absorbed the brunt of the impact. The six of them fell into the pit, and Aeolus screamed above them, ''Mellie, you are so fired!''

''Quick,'' Mellie yelled. ''Son of Zeus, do you have any power over the air?''

''A little!''

Thanks to Jason's closure, Noelani began screaming even more. Mellie grabbed his hand, and an electric charge went through Jason's arm. He understood what she needed. They had to control their fall and head for one of the open tunnels. The storm spirits were following them down, closing in rapidly, bringing with them a cloud of deadly shrapnel.

Jason grabbed Piper's hand. ''Group hug!''

Noelani was a little bit occupied fighting for her life.

Kicking her feet frantically, she finally caused the stray spirit to release her out of frustration. He dropped her and Noelani instantly regretted her decision as she began to fall much faster than before and with no control. Someone tackled her waist and Noelani gasped, the wind being knocked out of her. Her stomach was over someone's shoulder and glancing up, she could see Jason reaching out for her, as if he had just launched something in her direction.

''Noelani, you're gonna have to reach for his hand!'' Leo screamed loudly, but Noelani barely heard him over the wind. Thanks to his and Jason's shared momentum, Leo had managed to cross the hole, his feet landing on the side of it rather painfully before he launched himself away from it once more.

Catching on, Noelani wiggled around, grasping Leo's hand and reaching out for Jason's. Once they were all connected, huddled together and hanging onto Jason and Mellie, they continued to fall. Noelani felt like screaming at them instead, how dare they give her a false sense of hope.

''This is not good!'' Leo yelled.

''Bring it on, gas bags!'' Hedge yelled up at the storm spirits. ''I'll pulverize you!''

''He's magnificent,'' Mellue sighed.

''Concentrate?'' Jason prompted.

''Right!''

They channeled the wind so their fall became more of a tumble, and into the nearest open chute they went. Still, they slammed into the tunnel at painful speeds and went rolling over each other down a steep vent was not designed for people. There was no way they could stop.

Mellie's robes billowed around her. Jason and the others clung to her desperately, and they began to slow down, but the storm spirits were screaming into the tunnel behind them.