[12]

I entered Year 3.
In the primary section of Zui’ran, we change classes in Years 3 and 5.
The praying I did every night during spring break seemed to work because I ended up in a different class to Emperor.
I won against the 1:4 odds.

Oniisama graduated from the middle school section and entered the high school section.
Now that he’s a high schooler he seems more busy than ever, and he spends even less time at home now.
That’s no fun.

Both Yurie-sama and Aira-sama graduated from the primary section and became middle schoolers.
For some reason they suddenly looked a lot more mature once I saw them in their middle section uniforms, and I ended up feeling the difference between primary schoolers and middle schoolers.
I wonder why. It’s only been a month since summer break.
Is it the magic of uniforms?
Mm~mm, the middle section uniform sure is cute.

Because Emperor visits a different salon to Yurie-sama now, his mood has been pretty bad.
They say to leave sleeping dogs lie, so I decided just to watch.
With such a dark aura around him, basically only Enjou can talk to him without a problem.
As expected of Enjou. It would be absolutely impossible for me.

When I look at how beautiful Yurie-sama is becoming, I can understand Emperor’s anxiety about their age difference though.
When you’re an adult, 4 years difference isn’t a big deal, but to children it’s much too wide a gap.
There’s no way a 1st year middle schooler could look at a Year 3 kid romantically, right?
Maybe it’s because Emperor understands that quite well. Whenever there’s a guy who tries to approach Yurie-sama, Emperor just silently threatens him with eyes filled with bloodlust.
From Yurie-sama’s point of view, she probably doesn’t feel anything except a cute little brother’s jealousy, which is yet another tragedy for him.
Sometimes he goes to the middle school section to wait for her, apparently. What a loyal one you are, Emperor.

Also, the cram school that I’ve been attending since Year 1 had a few Zui’ran students enter.
Zui’ran is an escalator school, so as long as you aren’t exceptionally bad, you’ll go straight up into the next section. Thanks to that, there isn’t really any sense of crisis pushing the students to study.
What’s more, almost everybody hires a private tutor instead of cram school.
And despite all this, a number of Zui’ran boys started going to mine.
It felt like the thing I’d been dreading all along had finally came around.

“So you were going to this cram school too, Kisshouin-san.”

A boy from my Year 3 class called out to me.

“Yes, well…”

“Um, would it be okay if I sat next to you?”

“…Please help yourself.”

I get it. That feeling when you’re heading somewhere new for the first time, and while you’re anxious about not knowing anybody, you suddenly spot an acquaintance. You unconsciously want to stay near them.
It’s reassuring, right? It’s relieving, right?
But to me, it’s a terrible development.

“Some other guys are going to start going as well, but they’re going on different days to me. I thought I was going to be alone, but to think that I’d find you here, Kisshouin-san. Ah, are you starting this year too?”

“No, I have been attending since Year 1.”

“Ehhh!? Really!? That’s surprising. I didn’t know you were such a studious typ-… ah, no, umm,”

Mn. I don’t mind, so don’t worry.
As the de facto leader of the ojousamas at Zui’ran, I probably don’t look anything like the studious type who’d join a cram school in Year 1, right?

“I wished to attend because of Oniisama’s influence.”

Well, I suppose I’ll just give him a safe answer here.
At some point I already had the label of brocon stuck to me after all.