Seven

Of course, as expected from two of the loudest Hashiras, they couldn't even keep the secret within the span of three days. Tomioka and Fuyuka had no choice but to admit it themselves to the Hashiras.

Currently, the Hashiras all gathered in the Butterfly Estate, waiting for their explanation.

"Everyone, this is my lover, Kuchino Fuyuka." Tomioka said to the Hashiras.

More like confirmation.

"Uwaaaaah... I'm so nervous... Everyone's staring at me..." She sweat dropped as she repeated the mantra she made in her head. "Remember, Fuyuka. Don't faint no matter what happens. Be respectful."

"P-Please to be acquainted with you." She bowed a perfect 90 degrees while using a very formal speech.

The rest of the Hashiras stared at her.

"Ara! What a lovely girl!" The Love Hashira, Kanroji Mitsuri, broke their staring and smiled and gently grabbed her hands. "Nice to meet you, Fuyuka-chan!"

"T-The pleasure is mine" she stammered, her nervousness very obvious.

Kanroji squealed in delight as she rubbed her cheeks on the girl's own cheeks. "She's so cute~! Despite being a young demon slayer, her hands are still soft like a maiden's!!"

Fuyuka was surprised by the sudden action that she can't help slightly stiffen and blush in embarrassment and awkwardness.

"Oh my, I didn't expect you'd go for the younger ones, Tomioka-san. Quite surprising." Shinobu's tone was teasing. "You don't look like someone who would be interested in someone much younger than you."

Tomioka looked away without any reply. But the redness on his ears is something he cannot hide and everyone noticed it.

"His ears gave it away..."

"You're so low, Tomioka." The serpent Hashira, Obanai Iguro, hissed. "Going after a little girl to be your mate."

"So pitiful! Oh, how pitiful!" Himejima Gyomei cried out while making a prayer. "Heavens, please forgive the man for his actions."

"I did say that Fuyuka is my lover but it doesn't mean I have to be intimate like what lovers do." Tomioka said while giving out a sigh. "We came here to explain the situation ourselves. I intend to have Fuyuka be comfortable to everything before telling the other Hashiras but as you can see, Tengen-san and Kyojuro-san have loose tongues."

"Oi!!" The mentioned two sounded comically offended,

"Regardless, if Fuyuka really loves Tomioka-san the way he does, all we can do is give them our support, isn't it?" Shinobu smiles while holding her hand. "Fuyuka is a good girl and hardworking. Let's hope Tomioka-san doesn't hurt her, okay? Okay~?"

Shinobu smiled but the dark look on her face tells the opposite story as she looked at the man.

"I would never hurt her, Kocho." Tomioka crossed his arms.

Shinobu only giggled. "Tomioka-san is not liked by others and he's not aware of it, poor him. He's also a cold man, don't you think? I wonder what you see in him, Fuyuka."

"T-That's not true!" Fuyuka exclaims. "T-Tomioka-san is very kind! He may not be honest with his feelings but he shows it through his actions! He gave me a home when nobody else in my village does and showed me kindness I haven't experienced for the past years I was alone. His kindness and how he cares is what I really like about him!"

The Hashiras stared at her in surprise.

Upon realizing that she raised her voice, she covered her mouth and slumped down in embarrassment.