Four

A/N: My writing style in this fanfic is different than my other works so yeah, this might include lots of time skips. ヾ( ̄▽ ̄) 

Happy reading!!

---------------------

Not soon after she had lived in her old house, Fuyuka received a mission and this time, she's in a group with four demon slayers who are in the same rank as her or higher than her. The tense atmosphere was obvious since it's a big mission but the good news is that, a Hashira will lead the group.

Their mission was to investigate the mysterious mansion in the middle of the forest. Travelling merchants or even wandering villagers would find themselves drawn to the mansion and never come back, according to reports.

It can only be thought that a demon was behind it. Upon further investigations, this demon seems to possess a blood demon art that can create his own minions. The minions may appear weak but when encountered in huge numbers, it can overpower a single slayer.

And the Hashira that will lead them is none other than, Tomioka Giyu.

They bowed in greeting and respect, and he nodded back to his members.

And with that, they started planning on how to approach the mansion and attack the inside.

"The mansion has one entrance, which is the main door." The Hashira drew a box on the ground to represent the mansion. "There are no other entrances or exits, since they are completely sealed, as what the Kasugai crows saw."

"Then, we have no choice but to enter through the main door." A Kanoe ranked slayer said as he pointed his nichirin blade to the entrance. "Like what the demon is expecting us to do."

"The inside might be an unknown area once we enter and filled with the demon's minions." Tomioka said as he looked at each of the slayers. "Those minions are capable of defeating a single slayer once they outnumber him. For us to find the main demon quickly, we are going to split in pairs to cover each other's back."

***

It must be her, but she can't help but feel that she and the water pillar have crossed paths multiple times ever since their first mission together.

"Rendezvous at the foot of Yagatayama!!" Her Kasugai crow cawed at her one time after finishing her mission.

Upon arriving, Fuyuka saw Tomioka and a couple of Kanoes.

"Eh?!" She blinked in surprise while the man himself just nodded to her direction as greeting. "Didn't I just complete a mission with him last time?!"

Unexpectedly, they shortly become friends, of sort, since she really can't tell if they are friends or not (After all, Tomioka is not that expressive himself and it's hard to tell what's on his mind). He answers to her questions. She respects him. Sometimes, he gives her advice about demon slaying.

The compatibility of their breathing techniques made them close somehow, is what she thinks. Because after Tomioka discovered that her ice breathing technique matches with his water breathing, he talked to her more about it whenever they have time before or after missions.

Like a senior to his junior. But, when it comes to someone like Tomioka, it's a little hard to describe it.

This time, the two of them are walking together back to their respective villages after a mission. Fuyuka's village was the closest so her village was the first stop.

"Winter is soon approaching." Tomioka noted. "The air's gotten cooler."

"Hai. It seems so. I'm looking forward to the first snowfall" Fuyuka smiled as she looked up to see the slightly darkened clouds.