Chapter 12

Never mind what Jack had previously thought, being pregnant seemed like hell! A few weeks had passed, weeks where Jack had adapted to the pack and settled in quite nicely. Both Kaiden and Jack bonded and let their relationship grow even more until Jack finally agreed on the fact that he could get pregnant.

The slender man could still clearly remember how he had stuttered and blushed his way through his confession, startling his wolf into silence. But then...oh boy, Jack blushed furiously at his recollection of the events of that night.

Let's just say that a certain wolf seemed very eager to become a daddy.

But the reason why Jack was rethinking his decision was the fact that Chris was getting very close to labor. Roman was rushing around the room, packing the last of their stuff while Chris laid on the couch, eyes closed and hands cradling his swollen stomach.

The poor man was clearly suffering from his bloated stomach and from the way Roman shot worried yet resigned glances towards his lover and mate, this wasn't the first time Chris felt this way.

Jack felt uncomfortable as he rubbed over his own stomach, wondering if it was really worth it. Maybe he needed to talk to Verona about this. After all, she was the one who helped the males wolves with their delivery, so Jack was pretty sure she could give him her unbiased opinion.

Luckily, he didn't have to wait very long or had to try and find an excuse to slink off in an attempt to talk with the witch, since she simply walked into the room. It was as if she knew that Jack wanted to talk with her, because she walked straight towards him and plopped down beside the shy boy.

The witch grinned widely and winked at the stunned boy as she said, "Don't worry love, I know you're afraid of this whole pregnancy thing and I could feel Kaiden's anxiousness so I'm hear to sooth those fears."

Jack flushed a bright red before hiding his face when Verona laughed delightfully. "Oh sweet boy, you're so adorable!" She clapped her hands, attracting the attention of Kaiden and Roman before they shared a pointed look and continued packing.

"So, I'm sure everyone has been trying to tell you how this works and that its normal but they haven't told you why males can get pregnant, right?" When Jack nodded, Verona chuckled and tossed her curls to the side, leaning back in the seat with a grin on her lips.

She could almost sense the nerves and confusion pouring of young Jack as she mentally scolded the wolves in the room. The poor kid had only been told about delivering the pup, morning sickness and everything that could go wrong. No wonder he seemed to be seconds away from fainting whenever Chris so much as groaned under his breath.

"Do you know how many werewolves are out there in the world?"

Verona's question confused Jack simply because he hadn't expected it. What did this had to do with males getting pregnant? The witch noticed the confused glance in the boy's eyes before he replied, "I'm....not sure, I mean- I guess there are more packs out there?" He questioned, almost cringing as if preparing to get scolded.

"Spread over the whole world, there are only six packs, Jack. Six packs that add to the total werewolf population of roughly 700 wolves. Humans easily outnumber their kind."

To say Jack was shocked was an understatement. All those horrifying stories that were told around the fire at night, of vicious and bloodthirsty packs of werewolves descending on villages and killing everything in their path...those were lies?

Verona tapped her nail against the couch as her voice lilted, "There once were more wolves; they used to live with the humans without causing any trouble. But humans started to blame the weres for everything going wrong in their life. They searched for the wolves weakness and exploited it until werewolves teetered on the brink of extinction."