Chapter 5

As you and Kyle are leaving Cartman's house, you spot Stan walking down the sidewalk.

You run over to him, screaming, "Hi Stan."

"Hey guys, what were you doing in Cartman's house?" he asks.

"We were just watching him play video games," you don't think it is a good idea to talk about Cartman's problem.

Stan chuckled, "That sounds like fun. Well I'm going to watch a football game our dads are playing. Want to come?"

You and Kyle agree to go with him. When you get there, you notice your dad is also a player. Oh no. Your dad hasn't played football in years. Kyle tells you and Stan he is going to get refreshments. As soon as Kyle leaves, Stan turns to you and asks, "Do you like Kyle?"

You nod, "Of course I do, he's a good friend that-"

Stan interupts you, "No, I mean, do you like like him?"

You stay slient while thinking for a moment then answer, "Maybe."

Stan looks off into the distance with a sad smile, "You see, me and Kyle have been friends forever. He is like a brother to me. I don't want him to forget me if he starts dating."

You comfort Stan by putting your hand on his back and say, "He won't forget you. No matter what happens you will always be number one in Kyle's eyes."

Stan smiles, "I hope you're right."

Your winter hat starts to come off when a gust of wind rolls in. You close your eyes expecting Stan to see what your secret is, but you feel hands press your hat back down onto your head. You open your eyes to see Stan holding your hat down.

"Whatever you have under here, you don't want anyone to see," he says,

Kyle comes back with his hands full of food and drinks. He hands you and Stan your share. You, Stan, and Kyle eat your share of the refreshments, happily. You look over at Stan. You are happy you got the chance to talk to him.