1

In all my years, I'd never heard about my Great Uncle once-removed named Sanson. My parents hadn't either, but here was the deed stating that I'd inherited his estate. "The Lundborg Palace" I read over and over again. It was stated specifically in his last will and testament:

"And lastly, the estate that's been passed down for generations, The Lundborg Palace, to be given to my Grandson Once-Removed: Park Sunghoon. Shall he find all his hopes and dreams inside its stone walls

Take care of it."

My breathing hitched as I looked up to the executor of the will, he looked annoyed that both my parents and I were speechless. I slowly put the paper back on the table, completely overwhelmed.

"I'm sorry sir, we are just stunned since my wife and I have never heard of Mr. Sanson, let alone how he heard of Sunghoon. We don't understand why he has been given this estate." My father replied calmly, but the executor didn't share his calm approach.

"Mr and Mrs Park, I know this must be quite a shock, but I really don't have the time for this. It states here that the Lundborg Place be given to Park Sunghoon, and since he is 18 the estate is rightfully his." He sighed and pulled out a tightly sealed box. "This was left along with the house, it is for Sunghoons eyes, and his alone."

I slowly took the box from him, nothing on the outside hinted what was inside.

"I suggest you plan your trip to visit Lundborg Palace, I hear France is lovely this time of year."

-

"Oh my little Sunghoon, I'm so sorry your father and I can't come with you." My mother said for the 100th time as she hugged me senseless. Her mask slowly became stained from her tears.

"Mom, don't worry. I'm 18 now, I can take care of myself. You and Dad have work to do, I'll be fine." I said as I calmed her nerves. She gave me one last hug and said our last goodbyes.

"Flight Seventeen to Cherbourg, France on March 8, 2021 this is your last call, Flight Seventeen to Cherbourg France." came over the income. I grabbed my carry on bag as I slowly boarded the plane. Thankfully the flight was mostly empty, covid made travelling convenient for me this way.

I settled down into my cramped seat, as I prepared for the 12 hour flight ahead of me as I grabbed the mystery box. I have yet to open it, just holding it felt strange. It felt like the entire world lay in my hands, but I have no idea what was inside.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the box, to my surprise, it held an old book. It was withered with age and as I carefully flipped through it, I found most of the words had faded with time. The only things that I could see were some random symbols and words scattered throughout the pages, and a small 1778 carved into the leather cover.

What is the purpose of this book?