29 | Zane

Song listed at the top: Safari by Serena

Why did I lie to her? About everything. 

Watching her sit in my car eating fucking vanilla ice cream is making me rethink. She has a huge smile on her face just because of one simple ice cream that I treated her. 

I gulp looking away when I see some of the ice cream smudge on the side of her mouth and watch her lick it away with her tongue. Big mistake.

Me spotting her at the graveyard was a mere coincidence because I was driving by the same road and saw her. I wasn't even going to stop thinking of leaving her alone but when I saw her shake slightly and shake her head, it made me stop and get out the car. 

The way she is messing with my mind daily is really starting to piss me off. I thought that after Irene's birthday, it will be all fine but I find myself standing in her apartment literally the next day. Wanting to give her a necklace, yeah right. That was another of many excuses that I told myself in order to see her.

Why? I don't fucking know. 

Maybe because I saw her snap at Kaden. I saw her swear and be so angry at whatever Kaden had whispered in her ear. As soon as he leaned down close to her, I wanted to punch the shit out of him. Elvira isn't one to let you walk over her but I still felt this weird feeling of wanting to help her and protect her. I never felt like this for anyone other than my family. 

She is the first. And somehow, I didn't mind wanting to jump in to stand by her side. She just makes you want to care for her.

I don't know what I want from her. I told her that Veronica thought we were together and that is precisely true, but we didn't need to act. I couldn't care less about Veronica and Kaden, I can handle them but that is the first thing that came to my mind.

In some way, it will keep Veronica away until I get my security team to trail behind her and keeping tabs. She will think I won't be paying attention to her since I am with Violet but she's so very wrong. I have eyes on her, watching her every move. 

"Zane." I hear her voice making me snap back. 

"Yes?" I answer now giving her my attention.

"Whatever I am going to ask you. Please be honest, ok?" I frown watching her look at me seriously. I nod slowly cautious to what she is going to ask me.

"Why did you actually come to my apartment?" Well, that didn't last long.

I stop for a moment piecing together what to tell her. Should I tell her the truth? Or keep lying? Why would I even lie at this point?

"To see you." I say watching her reaction. She takes a sharp intake of breath before she softly sighs. Shaking her head, a smile blossoms on her face but she bites her lip to stop it. Obviously failing.