Chapter two

There's too much drama around his name for me to want to have any part of it or stand in the same room as him for the possiblity of having drama started around my name as it has to many other girls that have been part of the rumors that are amongst the many involving Elvis Presley.

School has just ended and it's been about the same as usual except for the assembly that we had today.
Mama told me that someone would be visiting us for dinner tonight but I figure that it's probably just one of daddy's friends from town or someone from mama's book club since they come over occasionally to have dinner with us and hang out.
They probably just want to see the new baby lamb that was born last night that we've named Tallulah.
As the bus stopped at my stop which is at the top of my long driveway I got off of the bus and seen two unfamiliar cars parked in front of our house which is weird because in this town word gets around about everything so I don't know why I hadn't heard about the car.
I walked up the driveway and soon saw a group of men, one man if particular that I'd recognized from the locker of the girls at my school..Elvis Presley.
When I stepped into the kitchen my mother introduced me to each of the guys before telling me who they were.
My mama made me sit down at the table with her, my daddy, and Elvis after Elvis sent the mafia members into the living room so that we can all talk privately without others in the room.

                             -- ♡ --

During the conversation and dinner with my parents and Elvis I was informed that Elvis has chosen me to be his wife and as soon as I turn 18 I have to move with him to Graceland.
Apparently the deal had been arranged a few weeks before I found out so mama and daddy have already used the money that Elvis gave them on new farming equipment.
There's already been rumors that "The King has found his queen" that's been in newspapers worldwide since Elvis went back to Memphis last Saturday.
I've been going to school because my parents want me to have a normal last few weeks before my birthday since I'm leaving with Elvis the next day and nothing's going to be the same once he and I are married.
He seems like a nice guy, not at all like the press tries to make him seem, but I'm still not thrilled about getting married to him because I don't know him very well and I don't want to be apart of all of the drama.