Chapter one

My name is Elena Sullivan.
I'm 17 years old.
I live on a small farm here in Oklahoma called "Turtle Bay" with my parents, Marilyn and Daniel Sullivan, and 3 out of 5 siblings since the other two have farms of their own closer to town.
I'm enrolled at the local highschool in town so I'm only able to work on the farm for about an hour or two before school because once I'm home I've got to help my mama cook dinner with my younger sisters, Ruby and Mae, while Johnny and Harry, my brothers, get to help daddy with the outdoors work.
I'd much rather work outside than be cooped up in a kitchen but mama says that it's unladylike for a young lady to be doing a man's work.
I don't see why I couldn't help them even if it isn't ladylike because I don't mind the dirt and heat but mama is too interested in finding me a suitor.
She says that it's a woman's job to attract a man, get married, have children, and keep the man happy but I don't think that a woman should have to dress up or put on an act just to attract attention.
I'm not interested in finding a suitor.
Unlike mama, I'd rather live life my own way and then if I do manage to find love in a few years then that would be fine but I don't want to go looking for it like the other girls do.
That's just not who I am.
All of the girls at school have been excited recently after hearing that Elvis Presley would be in town and rumor has it that he's in town because he found a woman that he wants to make his wife and he's going to be coming here to get her before going to back to Graceland to begin preparations for the wedding that will be held weeks later.
I'm not interested in all of the gossip but you can't really stop from hearing what's going on when that's all that everyone talks about.
Hopefully the rumors will be over with by tomorrow morning because he's supposed to be arriving tonight to get whoever he's chosen as his wife.
I'm tired of hearing about "The King" finally finding his wife and everything to do with that man to be completely and entirely honest with you.
There's too much drama around his name for me to want to have any part of it or stand in the same room as him for the possiblity of having drama started around my name as it has to many other girls that have been part of the rumors that are amongst the many involving Elvis Presley.

Just to let everyone know..
I'm a massive Elvis fan so b don't take anything from the story seriously, it's just part of these book to make it more interesting.

I may post a new chapter tonight after school unless I have time to finish one while sitting here in study hall but for now this is the first and only chapter that's been posted.
Let me know what you think in the comments.