eight -edited-

A little while later, my dad shows up, absolutely flipping out. It ends with me grounded, sitting in a hospital bed, with Jacob staring at me. "How did this happen, Elizabeth?" My dad glares at me. "I don't remember." That's the umpteenth time I've stated that despite knowing, but I also knew I couldn't tell him Embry turned into a huge wolf and attacked me. "How do you not remember?!" He snaps, why he's angry at me for getting hurt, is beyond me. The doctor walks in, stopping my dad as he starts to rant. "It was a very traumatic experience, she might never remember." She walks over, checking everything and stating that whoever stitched me up knew what they were doing.

Dad left to talk to Billy out in the waiting room due to only two people being allowed in the room at a time with me and the doctor. Embry walks in, practically running to me. "Are you doing okay? Do you need anything?" I chuckle, leaning back against the pillows. "I'm okay. You worry too much." "I mean, you're literally sitting in a hospital bed because of me." Jacob stands so quickly the chair hits the wall. "This is your fault?" He growls, chest to chest with Embry, if looks could kill, Embry'd be dead. "Jacob, stop. It's not his fault." I'm forced to sit here and watch seeing as I can't move without wanting to cry. Jacob barely looks at me but as soon as Embry moves closer to me Jacob blocks his path.

"I think you've done enough, Call. You're not gonna like me if I find out you did this to her." Jacob seethes, watching as Embry backs out of the room. "What the absolute fuck is your problem, Black?" I snap, glaring at him. "What actually happened to you, Elizabeth? I know you remember." I shrug. "I don't remember." His eyes narrow as he stands there, straightening up. "Everyone else might believe that bullshit, but I don't." He walks out, slamming the door behind him. A few moments later, Billy and Harry come in with Embry in tow. "You doing okay, kid?" Billy comes forward, setting his hand on mine. I sit up, trying not to jostle the bandages too much.

"Other than Jacob absolutely flipping shit, I'm good." He sighs, looking toward the door. "He's just a bit worried is all. Now, what happened? Charlie said you didn't remember but Embry is stating otherwise to strictly me and Harry." I look down at my hands, the images of what's happened flashing through my mind, making me sick. "It all happened so fast. I- I don't-" Harry stops me, setting his hand on my shoulder. "If you don't wanna talk about it yet, that's okay." Embry walks over to me, nodding at Billy and Harry. The three leave before my dad comes in. "You'll be staying with Billy when you get out of here. He's home almost always and Jake can help you when he's there." He states with his hands on his hips.

I nod, looking back down at my hands. "When can I come home?" "When you can move without crying. Bella will be in here in just a moment, she wants to see how you're doing." I nod suppressing the urge to roll my eyes as he walks out. I've been in here for over twelve hours and now she decides to come in. Before I can even finish my thought, Bella comes in, a bandage on her forehead, and Jacob follows close behind. Her hands are shoved into her back pocket as she scans me over. "What happened?" "I don't know. I was in the woods with Embry, that's the only thing I remember." I shrug, watching Jacob nod with a scoff, his tongue pressing against the inside of his cheek.

"Got something to say, Black?" I snap, glaring at him. Bella scoffs, scanning me over again. "You're literally sitting in a hospital bed and you're still starting fights with Jake." "I didn't start anything. If you're here to be a bitch, feel free to leave." That's when dad steps in. "Enough, Elizabeth." "This is why I stayed with grandma. This is why I stopped visiting. I'm sitting in the hospital and you're mad that I'm hurt, she's still the queen of the fucking castle, and I'm grounded for ending up in the hospital." I sit up and hit the nurse button on the remote, she soon comes in and looks at me. "Something I can help with?" "Since I physically can't get up, please, get them out."

She scans them over then turns back to me with an unsure look. "You want me to kick out your family?" "Yep." I force myself to turn onto my side, pulling the paper-thin hospital blanket up to my chin, my eyes glued to the floor. The door closes and I sigh, keeping my eyes on the floor as they fill up with tears from the angle I'm lying at. I'm just barely asleep when the door opens again. "You doing okay, Elizabeth?" Sam. I whimper as I sit up, holding my stomach. "I'll take that as a no." "I hurt." I huff, as he walks further in, the door still open behind him. "I can see that. Are you hungry?" "You think I'll be able to stomach that? There's a ton of food there." He reaches into the hall, pulling Embry in. "I brought him to help." Sam smiles, handing the tray to Embry before walking out.

"I'm really sorry, Elizabeth." He mumbles, sitting beside me. "I'm okay, mostly." I elbow him, grabbing the apple off of the tray in his hands. He smiles slightly but the corners falter, I pull the tray from his hands, setting it as far away as I can before turning to him again. "Embry, you didn't mean to hurt me." He sighs, taking my hands. "Come on, you need sleep. Lie back and rest a little bit." He sits back, pulling his legs up onto the bed. I lie facing his side, draping my arm over him as he drops his arm behind my back, pulling me to him. His free hand comes up, resting on my hip, his heat much more comforting and warmer than the blanket I had been given.