9

Percy POV-

"I'll do dishes, mom," I said after we were done eating. My mother and Paul looked exhausted, and I figured I might as well help out.

"Percy, you don't have to-"

"Mom, it's fine." I stood up and carried my plate towards the sink.

"You sure?"

"Yep! You can go to bed if you want. I'll make sure Estelle gets to bed on time." I came back and started clearing the rest of the plates from the table.

"But I don't want to go to bed! Annabeth's still here!" Estelle argued.

"You don't have to go to bed yet, but you have school tomorrow."

"And you can't tell all your friends I was here," Annabeth said looking at my sister.

"Why not?" Estelle complained

"Because, then they'll think I just do random visits to homes, this time, let's just keep it a secret, alright?"

"Okay!" Estelle exclaimed. "But you will come again, right?"

"If that's okay with your parents."

"Of course, Annabeth," Paul said. "Goodnight everyone. Percy, bed time at 10, Estelle 8:30."

"Okay daddy!" Estelle exclaimed. "Annabeth? How long are you staying?"

I headed over to the sink and started rinsing the plates in the sink.

"I'm not sure, Estelle," Annabeth replied.

"Will you play dollies with me? Or sing karaoke? Or play princesses? Or build with the LEGOs?" My sister jumped up and down happily.

"Maybe not karaoke today, your parents are trying to sleep. How about you get your dolls or LEGOs ready, come get me when they're all set up, okay?"

Estelle nodded and raced off towards her bedroom to get her toys. Annabeth headed over to me.

"Need help?" She asked.

"I'm alright, thanks." Ignoring me, she grabbed a plate and started rinsing it under the warm water.

"Annabeth, you don't need to help," I told her. "You're a guest, first off. And second off, Estelle wants you to play with her."

"Percy, let me help, please. You guys literally gave me the best meal I've ever had and I want to help out."

"Annabeth! I'm ready to play LEGOs!" Estelle called, walking into the kitchen.

"Quiet down, Estelle," I said, "mom and dad are trying to sleep."

"Okay," she whispered.

"I'm gonna help your brother with the dishes and then I'll come, alright?"

"Okay!"

I splashed some water at her as she turned back towards the sink, smirking at her. She glared at me, I could see a faint smile on her face though.

"OMG! You got my new $500 t-shirt soaked in water, you owe me a new one!" She mocked a diva very poorly.

"You could never be a diva." I laughed. "Who were you trying to mock anyways?"

"Drew Tanaka. I, for one think I did a great impression."

"I'm sure. Now go play with Estelle, she really wants you to play."

"Fine. I'll see you in a bit."

She left the room and headed towards where Estelle was in the living room. I continued to wash and dry the dishes, peering at them out of the corner of my eye. I watched as Annabeth built some amazing building and Estelle drove her LEGO car to it. She grabbed one of her characters and had them walk through the door of the place. Annabeth grabbed her own character and they started talking.