√ chapter seven

Zainab's POV

My scrambling steps towards my workplace came to a halt when I felt a strong and rough hand on my waist. From what I had noticed with my eyes before this sudden incident is that there were not many people here at this time of the early morning. I tried to shout but that only led to my mouth being clenched by another hand. Within a split second, that person started dragging me. There was a terror that was emerging inside my heart as I felt my feet getting pushed against muddy ground. I tried to look at the person but since his face was covered with a mask, the only thing I could decipher was his jet excessive black hair.

After some strive, I was finally able to stop him from yanking me ahead by pressing my feet hard on the ground.

"Mmh, " I let out a muffled cry as I tried to shove the hand on my mouth.

I attempted to come out of the powerful grip by thumping my feet on his feet which finally resulted in him freeing my mouth. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. But this only remained for a few seconds as I scented a pungent smell against my nostrils. Despite striving hard to stay awake but it didn't work since I felt my eyes rolling to the back with me losing consciousness.

                                💠💠💠

I opened my eyes with a jerk when I felt something cold pouring on my face. I held my head between my both hands due to immense throbbing pain as I squabbled to get my laying figure in a sitting position. Under my hands, feet, and my whole body, I could feel the touch of something soft, velvety delicacy yet cold as a frost. The coolness which had bought me out of the doze was still present on my face which tingling prompted me to run my fingers on my still hot face. After palming, I brought my hand in front of my eyes. My irises widened in concern when I found water droplets on my fingers.

I slowly lifted my eyelids while gazing at my surrounding. I was laying on a large king-sized bed with having white velvet bedsheet flattening on it. It was a spacious room with wide cream colored painted walls. The only window on the far-middle of the left wall was covered with matching cream-colored curtains, giving a rather dull vision in the room's premises. I never saw this place before. Who has brought me here? I remembered on my way to the coffee shop, someone grabbed me and put an intense smelled cloth on my nose which made me went unconscious. Had someone kidnapped me? I quickly straightened my back with a jerk as the realization hit my mind like a swat.

What would I do now? There was no one inside the room except me. I should get myself out of here before someone would come. With that thought in mind, I got off the bed and ran hastily towards the exit door. Before I could open it, I heard the creaking sound of the opening of another door from my behind. I looked back to find it was the bathroom door which got gaped. What shocked me more was the person coming out of there, with a smirk on his face.

"Thank God, you are awake. It was the tenth cup of water which I had sprinkled on your face," he chuckled in the end while strolling towards me.

My eyes widened in fear as I took a few steps back seeing him getting near to me with his every step. I hastily pulled my hand behind to grab the lock when he tried to touch my hand, preventing me to open the door. I quickly slapped away his hand before he could reach me.

"Don't you dare touch me, " I yelled at the top of my lungs.

He laughed out loud at this which prompted me to push myself more towards the closed door. I hugged my shawl more tightly around my body.

"I am amazed by your audacity, Zaini. You are locked in my house completely on my mercy when no one is here to save you from me and look at your nerve to yell at me. Thatswhy I like you. You are so hard to get," he asserted with a smirk on his face.