《Chapter 24: Bad afternoon》

~ Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.~

Blaze's pov:

I watched her as she focuses on removing the blood on my neck. She was having difficulties to take it off as she was holding the first aid box on the other hand. I reached to grab the box and held it on my lap. She hesitantly put her other hand on my shoulder and used it as support to scrub the area.

Here she was helping me but her brother needed her more than anyone else.

"Did your brother come home?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Nope, he's staying at Devin's house." She replied. She took another cotton and dip it in some alcohol. She came back to remove the rest of the blood.

Of course, Enzo won't come home with a big, long cut on his stomach. I called dad and ask him to send one of our family doctors to look after Enzo. I gave Jeremy his number so that he can send the doctor their address.

I hope he's okay now.

Kai and Dante were hurt too. Kai was hurt in his stomach and he could barely stand up, Dante on the other hand has to get some stitches on his arm as they cut him twice on the same arm.

This evening was fucking messy. None of us expected this. Like usual we all met up at our local fighting club. All of a sudden, two groups of guys walked in and started to shoot everyone. Some of them used their knives too.

By their tattoos, we knew it was the same Rebel group.

"I'll get you a clean shirt after I'm done," Haven said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Enzo was with me," I said and watched as her hand froze midway near my neck, her eyes fixed on mine as if she was looking if I was lying or not.

"W-what?"

"He was with me and my brothers," I repeated.

"You said that your brothers were worst than you, is he... is this why is he staying at Devin's house tonight?" She asked concerned.

"Yes, he-" I abruptly stopped debating if I should tell her more. I don't think Enzo would like her to know what happen to him.

"He what?" Haven asked grabbing my arm.

"Nothing, he will come back home soon don't worry," I said but I could tell she wasn't satisfied with my reply.

"You are not going to tell me more, are you?" She asked and I shook my head no. She straightened her back and grabbed the first aid box from my hand. She walked to the cabinet and put it back in its place.

"I'll get Hayley," she said before walking out of the kitchen. I didn't move and waited for her here. Five minutes later, she walked into the kitchen with Hayley in her arms. She was still sleeping on her shoulder.

I reached to grab her when Haven stopped me.

"Put this first," She showed me a white t-shirt.

"It's fine, she won't notice-"

"I know but still." She shrugged interrupting me. I sighed and reached to take off my shirt. I put my hand forward for her to give me a shirt but she didn't. I looked at her and her eyes were fixed on my bare chest.

I inwardly chuckled.

I clear my throat, making her looked at me. I pointed at the shirt and she handed it to me. I wore it and it was tight on me. Looks like Enzo was one size smaller than me.

"I'll return Enzo's shirt tomorrow," I told her and she shrugged.

"That's actually mine." She admitted and I did a double-take.

"What?"

"What? Man's shirt is really comfortable." She defended herself.

"You bought this?"

"Well yeah, and I have a few more." She added.

She was really small and this t-shirt was large. I wonder how she looked in these.

"It's usually the guy who lends the girl his t-shirt, not the way around," I said making her chuckled.

"What can I say? I'm not like the rest." She smiled.

That's true...

"I'll take her now," I said reaching to grab Hayley. Haven moved away and I raised an eyebrow.

"What now?" I asked.

"I'll take her to your car, just grab her stuff from the couch." She said firmly.

"You're bossy, do you know that?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. She walked to her living and show me Hayley's stuff. There was a lot.

"Did you buy all this for her?" I asked and she nodded.

Damn...

I picked up everything in my arm and walked outside to my car. I opened the passenger's door and put all the stuff on the seat. I opened the back door where Hayley's car seat where and Haven bend down to put her inside.

Hayley briefly opened her eyes to look around before she fell asleep again. Haven buckled her up and kissed her cheek. Haven moved to straighten her back and almost hit the edge of the car. Luckily I was able to put my hand in between and she hit her head with my palm.

"Thanks," she told me.

"Thanks to you for everything. I owe you big so if any time you need my help, don't hesitate to call me." I stated.  She helped us a lot without even knowing it. For once my brothers and I didn't worry about Hayley's safety when we were fighting.

"And you... if you need anyone to look after her, just call me." She shrugged and I nodded.

"Go inside," I told her.

"I will," she said but stayed standing here.

"Right now," I added and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Go,"

"And you say that I'm bossy," She murmured before turning around to leave. Once she went inside, I opened the door and sat down. I drove home.

When I reached, I picked up Hayley and walked inside. The whole house was really quiet, everyone was resting in their room.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah