the one with the blackout

third person pov

central perk was buzzing as rachel approached the microphone. 

"everybody? shh, shhh. uhhh....central perk is proud to present the music of miss phoebe buffay." rachel smiles and everyone follows with applause. 

"hi. um, i want to start with a song thats about that moment when you suddenly realize what life is all about." phoebe smiles. "ok, here we go." as she plays a chord, the lights go out. "okay, thank you very much." 

*

chandler stood inside an atm vestibule as the lights go out. he suddenly realises he is trapped inside. when he turns around he sees there is a gorgeous woman inside with him. 

*

gianna's office was quiet as she typed away, checking all the behavioural reports coming in for the day. she finishes editing her final report for the day when the lights go out. 

"oh great.." she mutters, hitting her computer to get it to turn on. 

"gianna?" behind her shoulder, eric stood with a candle, lighting up his smiling face. 

"thank god i'm not here alone." gianna laughs and eric smiles. 

"ready to pack up?" he asks and gianna nods, collecting her bag and coat before following eric from the office. 

*

laughter surrounds gianna and eric as they stroll through the streets of new york after work. 

"ah this is me." gianna smiles as they reach the apartment building. "thanks for walking me home, you really didn't have to." 

"my pleasure. see you at work." eric replies, turning on his heel and heading in the direction they came. gianna smiles softly as she pushes the door to monica's apartment open. 

"hey gianna." monica smiles and gianna smiles back, her cheeks reddening. "why are you so smiley?" 

"oh it's nothing." gianna replies, placing her bag and coat down before heading towards the sofa. "hey joe." she kisses the top of his head and he smiles back. 

"hey gigi, how's work?" he asks and gianna sighs deeply as she slouches into the sofa. 

"so so good." 

"you had sex!" phoebe exclaims, pointing towards gianna and everyone gasps. 

"i did not!" gianna exclaims and joey looks at her seriously. "i didn't have sex." 

"oh, did you almost?" phoebe asks, everyone's attention on gianna. 

"no.." she trails off. "there's just this guy at work. he's nice and all, i'm just not sure i'm ready." gianna explains and everyone nods. the phone begins to ring, stopping everyone from asking gianna anymore questions. 

"hello?" monica asks. "it's chandler! are you okay?" gianna sits up slightly, wanting to know where chandler was. "what?" there is a pause as monica tries to hear what chandler is saying. "i have no idea what you just said." monica replies before handing joey the phone. 

"oh my god! he's trapped in an atm vestibule with jill goodacre! chandler listen." joey exclaims before mumbling something. gianna glances over at phoebe and rachel confused. 

*

"alright, somebody." rachel says, looking around at the others. the six of them were sitting around the coffee table talking.