✭XXII✭

✦✦✦✦ Greef Karga ✦✦✦✦

"My friend, if you are receiving this transmission that means you're alive. You might be surprised to hear this but I am alive too. I guess we can call it even. A lot has happened since we last saw each other. The man who hired you is still here, and his ranks of ex-Imperial guards have grown. They have imposed despotic rule over my city, which has impeded the livelihood of the Guild. We consider him an enemy but we cannot get close enough to take him out. If you would consider one last commission I will very much make it worth your while. You have been successful so far in staving off their hunters. But they will not stop until they have their prize.

"So here is my proposition: Return to Nevarro, bring the Child and girl as bait. I will arrange an exchange and provide loyal Guild members as protection. Once we get near the client, you kill him, and we both get what we want. If you succeed, you keep the Child and girl, and I will have your name cleared with the Guild, for a man of honour should not be forced to live in exile. I await your arrival with optimism."

Mando looks over his shoulder at Kit who is curled up in her usual chair, the robe she had gotten from Tatooine around her shoulders and the Child securely in her arms.

He sighs and looks back at the hologram image of Greef Karga that glitches, turning his head he looks out of the window and at the stars around them, something he often finds Kit doing, hoping they'll be of some sort of guidance.

~~~~~

"We're really doing this?" Kit questions.

Mando sighs but nods his head, "This is the way."

"We can't trust this guy, you know that, right?"

"We have no other choice."

"Whatever you say, Tin-Man."

They enter the tavern; looking through the crowd to spot the shock trooper fighting a man in the crowd, Kit nods, impressed as Cara wins the large man, "Pay up, mudscuffers! Come on." Cara yells, "That's mine, thank you. Thank you."

"Looking for some work?"

Cara sighs looking between them and then nods her head towards the table at the back, "It seems like a straightforward operation. They're providing the plan and firepower, I'm the snare."

"With the kid?"

Kit nods, "That's why we're coming to you."

"I don't know. I've been advised to lay low. If anybody runs my chain code I'll rot in a cell for the rest of my life."

"I thought you were a veteran."

The man that she had fought grumpily walks over, dropping coins onto her table, "Come back soon." She says sweetly.

Turing back to the pair in front of her she sighs, "I've been a lot things since, most of them carry a life sentence. If I so much as book passage on a ship registered to the New Republic I'm-"

"I have a ship. I can bring you there and back with a handsome reward. You can live free of worry."

"I'm already free of worry. And I'm not in the mood to play soldier anymore. Especially fighting some local warlord."

Kit smirks, leaning forward slightly to get into the conversation, "He's not a local warlord. He's Imperial."

Cara doesn't even hesitate as she says, "I'm in."

~~~~~

"Does your contact need to vet me?"

Kit shrugs, "Doesn't know you're coming."

"Really? That can be a problem."

"It won't," Mando says, "But if it is, that's his problem."

They leave the cockpit, going to the weapons vault, "He all right up there alone?"

"Yeah." Mando answers clicking open the weapons vault.

"Pick one."

Cara moves forward, her hand going towards the weapons as she inspects them, "You trust the contact?"

"Not particularly. He and I had a run-in last time I was there on some Guild business."

Kit scoffs raising a brow at his choice of words, "A run in? More like he tried to kill us so we shot him."

Mando shoots her a dirty look beneath the helmet which she doesn't have to see to know he is doing it, "So then why are we going?"

"I don't have a choice. You saw what happened on Sorgan. They'll keep sending hunters. The kid or Kit will never be safe until the Imp is dead."

"And you're okay with bringing him back there?"

He shakes his head, "Not really."

"That's why we're bringing you." Kit says.

Suddenly the ship shakes and beeps, Kit grabs a hold of the ladder following Mando up as he quickly grabs the Child and flicks a few switches for the ship to finally stop shaking, "We're gonna need someone to watch that thing."

Mando sighs handing the Child over to Kit who shakes her head at him, "Yeah..."

"You got anyone you can trust?"