-Captured and Dazed-

-Violet's P.O.V-

I'm not sure how long I've been unconscious for. I open my eyes slowly, dazed and confused. A wave of intense pain forms in the back of my head. I try to lift my hand to massage the spot but instead I can't seem to move my hands. I glance down, in this dimly lit room, I notice my hands are bound together by thick handcuffs. I gasp which only causes the throbbing to worsen. Panic rises in my chest, where am I ?

My eyes fall heavy, how long have I been asleep? Memories flash across my mind, we were under attack. My eyes gloss over with fresh tears, the last memory I have before falling unconscious is my brother bleeding out in front of me. I hope he made it, the tears stream down my cheeks. Why would someone attack us? How can I live knowing I didn't save my brother ?

Oh no, my father! I hope he made it. The thought of my family pains me. Will I ever see them again?

Then my heart sinks, I gasp in fear, this time not feeling the pain in the back of my head, "did aspen make it?" My quiet voice fills the silent void around me.

The tears flood my vision, my body shakes uncontrollably. I can't even wrap my arms around myself for comfort. How could someone be so cruel to hurt us like this? I look down to the sea glass necklace aspen had given me moments before the attack and for some reason the glass burns against my chest. I want to remove it, to stop the burning, why is it burning?

I twist in my spot, and lean forward to avoid the glass from touching my chest, I don't understand why it feels like a fire ignited in my chest. I Yelp in pain, it's a strange noise. I try to scream for help but my voice seems to disappear at my attempts. I lean against a crate and try to pull myself up, and fail twice.

Shouting forms above me, an argument seems to have broken out. My heart races in fear, I try to stand again, but with my legs tightly pressed together with rope seems to be no use. I fall against the wooden floor and the ship rocks side to side, bouncing me between the crates. My hair is a mess, it's fallen completely loose from my braid.

I try to pull myself up against a crate, using the handcuffs to my advantage and this time I succeed.

"You can't have her! She isn't who you're looking for!" The words echo loudly. I freeze for a moment, her? Who are they talking about? I can't make out the rest of the conversation, it's quickly covered by many roaring voices shouting all at once. It causes the ship to sway even more.

   "Ah great! You're awake." A voice startles me, but I remain standing, leaning against the crate.

   The bearded man comes into view, knots form in my stomach but anger floods my vision. He walks closer to me and reaches out to grab me.

   I jump back and hit the wall behind, "stay away from me!" I scream. My voice is unrecognizable. Almost a shriek.

   He stares at me with wide eyes, "can't let you scream out here in the sea." It doesn't take him more than a second to pull me into his grasp. Confusion spreads across my mind, what did he mean by that? I try to fight against his grip but he holds me firmly and covers my mouth with his hand. He carries me over to the stairs leading to the upper deck. The sun burns my skin, the throbbing pierces my brain. Why does it hurt so much?

   "Violet!" A voice shouts amongst the crowd. His voice awakens something in me, I pick my head up immediately and search the crowd. I scan over all the unfamiliar faces until I see his face. Aspen is alive! A wave of relief washes over me. His face stands out against the sea of thieves. My half smile drops when I notice he's tied against a pillar along with my father's crew members. I try to scan the crowd again for my Father and Brother but I'm suddenly in a dark room.