30: Sass Me, Will You?

Colin was acting weird

Colin was acting weird. Ever since the phone sex thing, Peter found his actions plain odd and strange.

The random check-ins. The constant texts. The never-ending calls. All those gestures were sweet, and Peter had no doubt that he enjoyed the attention and concern, the only problem was the nagging thought that something was definitely up with Colin.

Luckily, Peter could dive into that issue now that he was almost done with his finals. He had only one more paper to go and he'd finally be free from the sunken place of depression and agony that was advertised behind the shiny banner called 'College.' The great part was, he had the Music paper after a week.

As the Asian stepped out of the examination room, shoving his pen into his pocket and going for his bag.

Sure enough, he found that Colin had sent him a text a couple of minutes ago. His text was at the top of the screen, next to his contact name which Peter had saved with some inappropriate emojis.

Colin: Hey babe. How did the paper go?

Peter: With the lecturer...

In a matter of seconds, text bubbles popped up on the screen and made Peter wheeze out a heavy breath as his heart did cartwheels.

Colin: sass me, will you?

Peter slipped his phone into the pocket of his jeans as he slung his bag over one shoulder, stepping to the side to allow the student zombies to pass-- they were the ones who were too fed up to even shove him or yell at him to get out of the way when he stood there texting. Hopefully, they would get back their groove with the holiday season approaching.

Since he had a week before his last paper, Peter decided to take a small break away from campus and all within it. The Asian headed straight for his dorm, where he changed, packed up a bag, and set out to the closest bus stop outside campus, the thought of Colin's face when he appeared out of the blue playing over and over in his head.

It had been twenty minutes now and no still no sign of a bus. His feet hurt from standing and pacing but he still couldn't take a seat anywhere. There was gum all over the benches, not to mention how cold the metal was. He didn't want to ask Colin to pick him up-- that was the concept of surprises, the person you were planning it for had to be at least in a little bit of awe when you arrived. That was the whole point.

He dared not call an uber since traffic was heavy this time of year and it would cost an awful lot for a journey the took over three hours. But maybe, Dakota would be free and willing to sacrifice her time for a long session of bonding with him.

Peter walked over to one end of the shed and leaned against it as he dug for his phone. His body immediately retracted from the metallic surface when his bare arms came into contact with the cold metal. Shivering slightly, he shifted to the side as he called her number, placing the phone against his ear as he walked back and forth to keep his body heat stable.