Chapter 15: Who Killed Blue Jones?

When we all fall asleep, where do we go?

We didn't see Blue all night at all.

I crashed in Caden's house. He was generous enough to give me the guest bedroom but I won't lie, I did sneak in her room again.

I'm not a stalker, I swear! It's because pieces didn't quite fit.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me hard "Sage!" I opened my eyes and it was Caden. All showered and dressed. He said "Wake up. We need to go now." I looked at the time on my watch and it was only 6 AM. I asked in my grumpy sleepy voice "School doesn't start for another two hours. Let me sleep." He shakes me again "We're not going, remember? We're going to meet your uncle and going to stay over with him for a couple of hours. Come on." I whispered "Ten minutes."

Just as I was falling back asleep, he grabbed my ankles and pulled on them, dragging me to the end of the bed. My eyes were widened with a horrid expression on my face like I was about to get a heart attack. He smiled like proudness was stuck up his ass "There, you're up. Go shower. We're leaving in 20. Don't worry, we'll catch breakfast on the way. Come on!" I sighed and did as he asked. When I came back into the room, he left some clothes for me. But they were not mine. I said out loud "Caden, where my clothes?!" He shouted back "I thought you'd like something fresh to keep you awake." Did he leave me a pair of black jeans, a black shirt and... underwear? I picked the boxers and I heard him shout again "Oh and after you're done with the underwear, I don't need it back. You can keep it, burn it, or even use it as a rag to clean your skateboard!"

I wore a shirt and underwear. But the jeans were not good. They were skinny and kept riding up my butt. I went out with the shirt on and the towel still wrapped around my waist. He was packing some stuff in his backpack. I said "Uh... Caden." He looked at me "Why aren't you dressed?!" I sighed "These jeans... they no fit. They keep riding up and are too tight for my thighs." He sighed "Sweat pants it is for you today."

X

After Caden was generous enough to lend me his underwear and his sweatpants, we made our way out of town. I texted mom and dad that I was gonna go straight to school from Caden's house.

And that's a lie, you know that. I won't lie but this is kinda important. Yeah?

I took a deep breath as we passed the town sign. I said, "If my dad ever finds out I'd be grounded for eternity." Caden snickered "Not grounded more like you'd be thrown in the asylum like your uncle." My head snapped at him. He shrugged "Being brutally honest is not my fault. I was born this way." I sighed shaking my head but he took that as an invitation to talk more "And BTW, you know that it's better to have a best friend like me than a liar who only tells you what you wanna hear."

"I'd rather have that person as my best friend."

"Oh my god! You are rude, you know that? Rude and unfashionable."