In love?

5.55 PM
Clubroom

Natsuki came back a few seconds after I start reading. She excused herself before sitting down right beside me to continue our reading. I suddenly feel something on my shoulder, I turn my head to see Natsuki, her head on my shoulder. I try to not move too much, giving me a hard time to flip the pages. Without saying anything, I keep on reading.

5 minutes later

The final bell can be heard, ringing in the corridor of the school. Natsuki has seemingly fallen asleep on my shoulder. I try to gently wake her up.

Y/N: "Natsuki? Hey Natsuki?"

She opens her eyes slightly.

Natsuki: "Eh? Haaa..."

She lifts quickly her head from my shoulder and looks at me.

Natsuki: "What just... What just happened?"

Y/N: "You fell asleep, and I let you do so until the end of the meeting. Speaking about that, the bell just went off, shall we go?"

Natsuki: "Y-Yes, we shall."

Sayori: "Y/N, ready to go?"

Shit, I completely forgot about Sayori. We'll have to find an excuse and quickly.

Y/N: "Yeah I'm coming!"

Natsuki and I slowly make our way towards the door, where Sayori is.

Sayori: "You comming Natsuki?"

Natsuki: "Ye-Yeah I'm going to... Hum..."

Y/N: "We're gonna keep reading at my home."

Natsuki looks at me and mouthed me a "Thanks". Sayori, Natsuki, and I got out of the clubroom and we made our way back home.

6.15 PM
Neighborhood

We quickly and silently arrived near Sayori's house. The atmosphere is heavy, nobody's talking, the only audible sound is the car passing by. It's really awkward for all of us. We finally arrive in front of Sayori's porch and she turns around to face me.

Sayori: "Y/N, can I talk to you a minute?"

Y/N: "Hum... Yeah, go on."

Sayori: "I mean, in private..."

Natsuki smiles gently before stepping away.

Natsuki: "Okay well, I'll see you at your home okay?"

I nod and she quickly goes away towards my house. Sayori waits a little bit, watching Natsuki stepping away. What does she have to tell me? It seems to be important though.

Sayori: "Y/N, can I ask you something?"

Y/N: "Y-Yeah... Ask away..."

Sayori: "Is there... Is there anything going on between you and Natsuki?"

Y/N: "Wh-What?"

Sayori: "You heard me well Y/N. Is there something going on between you two?"

Y/N: "N-no, nothing in particular, I mean, I-"

Sayori: "Y/N, I saw you going back home together yesterday evening, I went home early from school because I was sick, and from what I saw, she didn't go back to her home. You can tell me if something is going on between the two of you, you know~"

Y/N: "N-No, there is nothing between us, just... I don't think she'll be happy for me talking about it..."

Sayori: "*Sigh*, alright then, but tell her that if she needs someone to talk to, I'm here for her, alright?"