20 ⋆ Intrusion

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV

3 days until preparing for the mating ceremony

When I woke, the bed was empty. I lazily dragged a hand over his side, opening my eyes to reveal the empty space, still warm with where he laid. My heart broke as I cried quietly into my pillow, soaking the fabric and feathers beneath. I fell asleep alone, ate dinner alone, bathed alone, and laid alone. The four days passed slow and bitterly, every day more lonely than the last. I sat on the couch on the last day, wrapped in a cardigan and some sweatpants, biting my lip. It was nearing dark and he was supposed to be home already. I sighed at the thought and gently rubbed the back of my neck anxiously.

Suddenly, a small knock came to my door, making me look over quickly in hopes it was Jungkook. Instead of him, an unfamiliar face appeared at the door, the light of our lanterns outside illuminating her silhouette. I furrowed my brows, unsure who the stranger is. A few seconds ticked by before the name Jiyoo popped into my head. Right, the secretary of the pack council, one of Jungkook's close friends.

Wondering what's with the sudden intrusion, wrapping my cardigan around me tighter with a small shiver, I nervously waddled over, unlocking the door with caution. I carefully opened the door and smiled at her, trying to relax.

"Hello," I whispered, opening the door and letting her in.

"Luna." She greeted, pushing past.

I shook my head with a small smile, telling her to call me Jimin instead. Jin nodded and walked further inside, looking around with wary eyes. She took a few steps forward and decided to stand in the kitchen as I walked over to the couches and sat down, resting my arm over the back.

"I haven't seen you around a lot, how are you doing?" I asked cautiously, not knowing exactly what she was doing here.

"I've been fine." She answered sharply, but I could tell something was off.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, nervous she was bringing bad news about Jungkook.

"You mean with the Alpha? Yeah, everything's fine. Last I heard they were almost home. I just came to talk to you." I raised an eyebrow at her words, impressed by her bold action.

"I'm sorry I haven't spent much time getting to know you, things have been a mess and I was just busy with everything. I know you and Jungkook are good friends and I should've introduced myself earlier. I'll try to make it up to you in whatever way I can." I started to ramble, my voice rushed, attempting to guess the odd encounter as best as I could.

She shook her head, "No, I didn't come to talk about that. I just wanted to come over and talk to you for a quick second." I smiled at her words and stood.

"Well then let me pour you some coffee." She nodded as I got up from the couch and walked past her and grabbed a mug, setting it down and starting to pour the hot drink.

"I have to say, I was very surprised that you showed up." I said, turning to face her.

My smile dropped instantly as I met the barrel of a gun being pointed directly at me. I dropped the mug, the glass and coffee shattering on the floor into a million pieces- the hot drink burning my feet. Her hand was shaking terribly and she had started to cry quietly.

"Jiyoo, what are you doing?" I said anxiously, staring at the gun with wide eyes.

"You don't belong here. You don't deserve to be the Luna. You aren't like us." She mumbled, sniffling.