Alien SO | Unnamed

[You x They]

[SFW]

....

You take their hand and pull them gently towards the pool.

"Come on! It'll be fun!" You say with a smile.

Your significant other is hesitant as you excitedly guide them. "I don't believe this is an efficient use of our time."

"Don't be silly," you say. "It's fun!"

"'Fun' is an illogical ideation created to distract your species from progress."

You roll your eyes at them and click a button on the side of the house.

The hot tub starts bubbling a few meters away. It's a chilly night but the sky is clear, showing its brightest stars. The lights in the pool alternate colors beneath the blue water. They watch, a bit incredulously.

"So what? What's the point of progress if you can't enjoy it?"

"Well—"

You yank them towards the tub before they could answer. You take a few steps in and look up at them, still holding their hand.

"Please?"

"Is this even safe? I'm detecting that the chemical contents of this pool is unnaturally high for such a small volume—"

You kiss their hand and they stop talking.

"Of course it's safe, we add them so that the water is clean of micro-contaminants. And besides..." you smile up at them. "I'd never put you in danger."

They are quiet for a moment.

"And my skin's not dissolving right now so is that good enough for you?"

With a sigh they step carefully into the water, and then slowly lower the rest of themselves in until they are sitting opposite of you. They look at the frothing water around them and then up at you.

"Am I having fun now?"

You kick your leg out of the water and splash them. "You tell me."

They wipe off their face and that's when you notice their skin below the water changing from a light blue to a yellow.

"Uhm, are you supposed to be changing colors?"

"Your concern is...attractive," they say with a slight smile. "My species changes pigments in alignment with the condition of the atmosphere...I suppose it's somewhat similar to your human race, but much more, vibrant, I suppose."

You wade to them and take their hand that was once an icy indigo blue, and is now a brilliant yellow in your soft, hot hands. With their other hand they brush your hair back and cradle your face. You look up at them and their face is more relaxed; their deep, black eyes look at you softly.

Biting back a smile, you take a deep breath and lean back against the wall, sitting next to them while draping your legs over their lap. You wistfully look up at the stars and try not to indulge the warm feeling in your stomach you know isn't caused by the water you've been soaking in.

They take their hand out of yours and pull your legs closer while drawing their other arm around your shoulders. Their skin is warm from the water and you feel yourself getting sleepy as they hold you, leaning their head against the top of yours. You notice they starting changing colors again, this time a burning red color blossoming from where they are touching you, spreading throughout their whole body. You laugh to yourself and they soften their hold to look at you.

"What's the matter? Are you overheating?"

You shake your head no, still laughing to yourself.

"No...but it looks like you are."

Investigating their new hue, they look up at you and hesitantly say: "I guess I'm...burning up...for you...baby."

"Noo!" You say with a laugh. "Of all the human-made music to choose from! Get away!"

You put your foot to their chest as they grapple to keep ahold of you. "What, you don't appreciate my serenade?!"

You wriggle out and kick off of them, still laughing as they grab your foot, causing you choke a bit on the water. They let go as soon as you do.

"Are you alright?"

You cough into your elbow. "Just a sec," you say before disappearing under the bubbles.

"Y/n?" They say. "Y/N!?" They cry louder, standing up to try to find you under the frothing water.

Suddenly, you spring up from under the surface and wrap your arms around their shoulders, kissing their cheek. They wrap their arms around you in return and set you gently on your feet.

"I thought—"

You shush them and say: "Your concern is...attractive."

You weren't sure it was possible, but you thought you saw the red of their face get even deeper.

"I'm thankful you are safe," they tell you.

You pull them down into a kiss.

"I prefer this kind of fun," they say as they briefly lift up from your lips.

"Me too."

They kiss you.

You kiss them back.