A Broken Heart

Manama (Bahrain)

10 years later

If you want to make the people around you happy, you must find your own happiness first. Being selfish isn't always a bad thing. Try to only think about your happiness when things are stressful.

NOURHAN

Don't you ever go near that room again. IF NOT.......

I inhale a sharp breath as I remember the last warning I received from her, her voice filled with venom, and I know she can do anything, even though she didn't finish what she intended to tell me before her husband asked me to leave.

I stare at the room for a very long time, my mind battling with so many "what ifs." I don't know, but for the first time I heard a sound coming from that room, and I really want to see what's inside the room that she is hiding in.

"Maybe I should not go since that's what she told me," I said to my mind and decide to leave the place but a voice in my head ask me not to and I find myself going towards the room's direction.

I held the door knob as I listened to the sound getting louder, but then
I know that the woman I'm working for is hiding something, and that's why she asked me not to enter that room, but why and what is she hiding there?

I opened the room, ready to put my leg in, when something unexpectedly landed on my face. It was so sudden that I had to turn and see what that thing was, and to my surprise, she was looking at me. I don't know how to defend myself because she has already caught me in the act.

"What is it again? Are you surprised to see me or not?" She asked me in a dangerous voice.

"It's nothing," I said, a tear falling from my eyes, but I quickly wiped it away.

"What did I say about you going to that room?"

I look at her, and the same expression is showing on her face—the one she gave me the very first day I stepped my leg into this house, the one she gave me any time her husband or children tried to be kind to me. That look of hatred and disgust is all I can see in her face.

I don't know why she hates me, but her face hides a story—a story that I'm bad news to her and that I'm here to take something precious away from her. something she loves, but how will I do that when I don't have anything?

"I'm sorry, I will not do it again." The words finally made their way out of my mouth. I don't know how I do that but that's the least I can do and maybe I should do as she said if I really want to keep staying in this house.

You know that moment when something bad is going to happen to you but your Lord helps you out of that situation? That's exactly what happened to me. I don't know how, but her hand that was ready to land on my face again was held by her son while her daughter pushed me away from her mother. I don't know when a sigh of relief wash over me, because if not because of them, I don't know what will happen to me.

"Ummi, what are you going to tell Abi if he finds out about this again?" "Have you forgotten about what happened the last time you did something like this?" Yazid said to his mother.

"I don't mind as long as I can put this pathetic maid in her place; she deserves everything, and I mean everything," she said, emphasizing every word she uttered.

"Ummi, please don't do this," Heba said to her mom.

Her mother looks at her and her brother, and it's like she is disappointed in them. A look of pain and anger flashed from her face toward them: "I never thought you would turn your back on me because of this useless thing." "She wants to separate you from me, and she has succeeded in doing that."

I regret raising my head because I will never forget the look on her face, and it's all because of me. I cause a rift between a mother and her children.

"Ummi, that's not what we mean, but please try and look at things from our own perspective; you know how Abi is, and he won't be happy if he finds out about this," Heba said.

I was just listening to how they keep on arguing because my mind is not with them. I wish Baba had taken us with him, and maybe, just maybe, I will not be facing this harsh treatment from this cold world; the world will not separate Maha from me, and maybe we will be together if Baba has taken us with him.

"If you really want her to keep staying in this house, then she must do something that will make her stay," she said, and from what I'm seeing, nothing is going to be in my favor.

And now, as I look at her, I really want to know what she wants from me.

Assalama Alaikum my dear brother's and sister's. I know that it's being a longtime since I leave without a word from me and I'm sorry for that.  I was stuck with my life, school and now exams so please bear with me because I'm going back to where I came from.

I don't know when next I will update because I will start my exams on Friday and I will be done on 26th march which happen to be four days to Eid or so I think, so please include us in your prayers because we really need it.

Ramadan Kareem to everyone out there.  May Allah accept from us and may we be among the pious ones🌙🌙.

Kindly don't forget to follow me on my social media handles.

Eesha_Speaks $ Eesha's_Deluxe

T

nk you soo much Jazakhallahu khairan as you do so❤❤.