T H E P I E R

T H E P I E R

SONG
DADDY ISSUES - THE NEIGHBORHOOD

A U G U S T 1 2 , 1 9 9 8

"Kelca..." he mumbles.

We were back in the living room at this point, Koa was back and sitting in the other seat on the couch while Bev and Tay were sitting in the side chairs.

He slowly presses a blunt up to my mouth, Tay having no interest but Bev looking directly at us.

"How come she gets to try a blunt but I don't?" Bev asks and Royce sighs,

"We've been over this before, Kelca is seventeen and she made a deal with me that I get to ration her. If you want I can put a blunt to your lips when you're almost eighteen?"

Bev sighs, "No fair."

"Completely fair love." He mumbles, scratching his fingers on the top of my head soothingly.

"Well are we at least going to the pier soon?" Bev asks and my eyebrows furrow. What the fuck is the pier-

"Well that's a way to ruin a surprise." He groans, his arms going under mine and around my waist, holding onto me as tight as possible.

"Well I have another thing to say, I told you he liked you Kel!"

I smile a little, going red and digging my fade into Royce's arm. He chuckles, it rumbling through his body. "Of course I did..." He mumbles, kissing my jaw lightly.

"Fuck you." Bev shoots back in disgust, sticking her middle finger. Royce smirks nicely at her before sighing and looking at me. "Go change. We're going to the pier."

"What's the pier?" I ask and he smirks. "You've never been to the pier!? You unlucky bitch!" He says and I laugh, slapping his chest. "I've never lived on a Coast before!"

He smirks, his hands going on my hips as he looks into nothing, thinking of words to explain. "Well.. The pier is like a carnival except over looking the water. Today is the last day it's up before the hurricane and I wanted to take you there."

I smile...

He's staying mine this time....

"I'll get changed.." I mumble, and when I get up he slaps my ass lightly and I chuckle, shooting him a middle finger.

"Fuck you."

"Okay I'll meet you in there!" He screams after me and I laugh.

I decide to put on some baggy jeans and a crop top with a small delicate necklace.

I brush through my hair a bit and put on eyeliner, mascara, and blush.

I walk out to him talking to Bev, Tay collecting change off tables to buy herself a slushee.

"I gotchu Tay." I laugh, offering to pay for her slushee.

Royce's eyes flicker over to me as they trace over my body. He smirks, grabbing my hand and pulling me into him, "The test is rescheduled so it's sooner, it's around.." he looks at the calendar, continuing his conversation with Bev he was having before I came out.

"A week from now." He finishes.

"Ugh... it's annoying having to check up with Pops everyday."

"Yeah that's just how it works, they wanna make sure I'm not beating you hun, wish they would've done that every week or something but you know." He mumbles, and I sigh, stuffing my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry that happened Royce.." I mumble and he leans down, whispering in my ear, "all my pain goes away when I'm with you Sweetheart"