2.

Jayden point of view

When we arrived to Lia's college dorm she quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and slammed the car door behind her. I rolled my eyes at her childish actions before turning off the car and stepping out.

"Let me guess it's that time of the month again," I said jokingly. I don't think she took it as a joke though because she just crossed her arms and starting walking towards the door. I can't comprehend why she was so upset me. It can't be because of what I said in the car. She definitely started that one by getting all in her feelings and calling me a bitch. This girl was really a character. A lucky one too. The only person that's ever talked to me with that much gut was my sister. If she was anyone else I would of already beat the shit out of them. I don't play when it comes to my respect or pride. I don't know why I feel the need to let her talk to me like this. I haven't even known the women for a day. There's just something intriguing about her.

I feel bad for lying to her about last night but there's no way she could know the truth. When Mattia, one of my ex gang members, attempted to kidnap her last night there's no way I could of let him. He was going to use and take advantage of her and I couldn't let that happen. Sometimes he does the stupidest shit always trying to follow up with Vic and them. In a way I feel bad for her. And I have to figure out how to protect her from what she got herself into. Why? I have know fucking idea. I don't care about anyone except for myself so why the hell am I trying to care for this disrespectful selfish bitch. I don't know.

I follow her into her door room as she unlocks the door letting it close behind barely leaving time for me to grab it and go in.

"Where's your little friend," I ask.

"Obviously not here." She says sarcastically. But it was weird. It wasn't like she was being sarcastic it sounded natural. Maybe that's just her personality.

"You know you can't make me stay with you right?" She laughs. She grabs her phone and plugs into a charger before tossing it on the bed. "I can call the police on you and get you locked up."

"Go ahead. I have friends that'll let me off and once I'm out then I'll really show you how it feels to get kidnapped." I wasn't lying. I had a lot of connections in this state. This girl really didn't know who I was.

She gulps and stutters out her next sentence. "Jayden- I, listen please. I can't go with you. I'm in college! I have school, I have friends, I have homework and-"

"Do you have a boyfriend." I ask gruffly. To be honest I'm not sure why I asked that especially because I didn't care. Yeah she was pretty maybe even fine as hell...but she's not my type. She's too innocent for me she has a big mouth. I'd probably end up killing her if I had to be around 24/7.

"No......you ask because...?", she trails off her sentence seeking for me to answer the question. One of her perfect shaped eyebrows lifts up and she smirks at me. Yeah she's not gonna win this one.

"Because I don't want to have to kill anyone from getting in the way of me taking you. But I will I have to." I lie. I was telling the truth about killing someone but that wasn't the reason I asked. She smirk falls off her face onto her fluffy white rug.

Jayden: 1
Lia: 0

"Pack enough for a month you could be staying with me longer," I said as I sat on the end of her bed lazily putting my arms behind my head. Her bed was soft and smelled nice.

"You can't be fucking serious. Jayden I'm not going with you. There's nothing you can say or do to make me go with you. I don't care about anything else you have to say about it. Thank you for saving me last night and thank you for taking me back to my dorm but right now you have to go. The only way I'm leaving with you today is if it's in a body bag," she said boldly crossing her arm and stomping her foot. This girl was an absolute headache and took everything in me not to grab her by the throat and push her on the bed shutting her up.

"To be honest Lia that sounds very tempting." I titled my head to look at her. Trying to read her facial expressions, I couldn't. She looked scared but she spoke confidently. Was I that intimidating? This girl really wasn't going to believe me without any form of evidence so I quickly thought of way to convince her. There's no way I was leaving her here to get hunted down by Mattia and taken. Even though he was my friend he'd go behind my back and take her from me and I couldn't let that happen. This girl is my problem now.

I lifted my shirt up to reveal my tattoo covered stomach and chest. Turning to my side I spoke to her and said, "Do you see this?" I pointed to bullet wound from a few months ago. "This is what I got from the people I'm trying to protect you from." I grabbed her hand and at first she flinched but then she let me take it. I took her index finger and placed it around the wound. Her fingers were so small, so delicate. "You got yourself caught up in this shit being stupid from last night. And I saved you. I'm not gonna let you get hurt. I don't know why I feel so attached to you but I do. If you don't come with me you risk getting hurt or dying. I promise you this isn't a game." I said.

She looked into my eyes almost pleading with herself. I think she was trying to figure out if I was telling the truth. And I was. Her hazel eyes complemented her soft caramel skin so well. Now that I was actually looking at her she was beaut-

"Fuck it. I just need 10 minutes to pack." She said before getting up and walking to her wardrobe. She swung the door open hastily and started to examine her clothes. This chick was aggressive my nature. I exhaled deeply and mentally began to prepare myself for the next few weeks of uncertainty.

••••• End of chapter
This chapter was a little shorter than usual.