𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

𝚈𝙰𝚂𝙼𝙸𝙽
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

"What the hell are you doing here, Lolia?"

"Don't look at me like that," Lolia tells me as she stands in the doorway, smirking, her eyes focused on Zara.

That's when it hit me. We were to meet last night at the hotel, but plans changed when I knew Zara was at the event. It was apparent this little she-devil was here to cause havoc. "Lolia, please leave. We can continue this conversation later this afternoon?"

She let out an evil laugh and slammed the door behind her, causing Zara to jerk slightly. After all that Lolia had done to her, I could understand why she seemed scared of the girl. "After you stood me up last night? I thought we were about to rekindle what we had?"

Quickly, I covered myself with the robe I left on the ground and walked up to her, allowing my hand to slap her hard. "That should help reset your memory." I took a deep breath before continuing, "I see your goal here is to cause more harm than good, but it won't work. Now get out of my sight."

Tears were about to leave her eyes, but you wouldn't know if it is real or not with her. "This is not the end. You can't reject me, too, you will see." She drew a finger across her throat and stormed away from the room, leaving me to meet Zara's curious gaze.

"Care to explain?" Zara questioned, her hands crossed over her bosom.

Before I could say anything, there was another knock on the door, "Lolia, I meant what I said!" Opening the door, the maid was the one I saw with a tray of coffee. "Thank you. Just give it to me." The smell of the coffee is enticing, but it is nothing compared to what happened last night, despite the ruins Lolia caused this morning.

"Yasmin, I am not Lolia, you owe me an explanation. What is going on between you two?" Zara says as she blows across the top of her coffee.

As she takes her first sip, I can't take my eyes off her. "Can we have dinner tonight, here at my place? You don't even have to go home."

My words caught her off guard, and she nearly spat her coffee back up. She's frantic as she pulls a paper napkin from the tray to wipe her mouth. "Are you alright? I am asking you to explain to me what's going on, and you are completely ignoring me?"

I say nothing, only waiting for another response once she sets the napkin down. I know I ought to tell her, but that meant I had to tell her my entire plan, and that would make her more of a target than she is now.

She drew in a long breath, "Yasmin, I do not want to be taking advantage of a second time. I have had enough of the heartbreaks and what not. Promise me; you would tell me everything I need to know in due time?"

I nodded in agreement.

"Good. Now can we talk about something else other than having dinner tonight?"

"No," I said to her. I know what I want, and I would accept nothing less. Her hesitation sends a prick of uncertainty over my spine, but I ignored it. We both knew how we felt for each other. It was clear last night, so I had to stop waiting to take this to the next level.

Zara's smile faded to nothing as she shifted nervously in the bed.

"Is it a surprise that I want us to have dinner, or you spending another night here?" I asked, feeling a wretched twist in my chest—what if she still says no?

"Yasmin." She sighed and picked up her coffee to take a sip. "I was ok with myself when you left, and now you are thrusting it on me again. This time, faster than before. Can't we dally a little?"