Call Special Agent Gibbs

They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds. -Mexican Proverb

The sound of feet pounding the pavement could be heard in the quiet of 4:30 AM, which wasn't anything unusual for a Naval Base as active as the Norfolk base. Leilani went for a run every morning from 4:30 to 5 before reporting for duty, but something felt off this morning. She felt like she was being followed and paused the music playing in her earbuds to hear more than her footsteps and breath.

About 100 feet behind her, she could hear a car quietly creeping up the street behind her. If it was the M.P.'s, they would pull up next to Leilani to talk to her while she was running, and would never creep behind her like this. Leilani's heart pounded in terror, knowing that she was in a dangerous situation.

"Duck left, Baby Girl," Tala's spirit whispered from beside her daughter as they came upon a thicket that hid a running trail.

Heeding her mother's words, Leilani dove through the bush and rolled several feet as she heard the tires screech to a halt. Leilani rolled to her feet and took off into the training grounds that she knew like the back of her hand, hoping that she would be able to lose whoever was after her. Leilani didn't notice all the cuts and scratches she was getting running through the grounds hoping to find someone to help her.

Leilani was shoved to the ground with great force sending her skidding into a tree, and she knew, based on the impact, there were a few cracked ribs

Leilani was shoved to the ground with great force sending her skidding into a tree, and she knew, based on the impact, there were a few cracked ribs. Leilani's brain screamed to fight and fight she would till her last breath even with her vision swimming. She took down mental notes of everything she could see about the person as they swung a nightstick at Leilani's body. She blocked as many blows as possible and landed a few of her own.

Leilani knew she had to deter them somehow since she could feel herself starting to blackout. With a skilled kick to the throat, Leilani sent her attacker running back to their car, and she hit one on her speed-dial.

"Donahue, it's 4:45. Why are you calling me so early?" Chief Petty Officer Zagreus huffed when he answered the phone.

"Help," Leilani whispered, slipping into unconsciousness.