THE ANNIVERSARY GIFT

KEERTHANA

I was so upset. Yes. About yesterday.  Vikram's grandma insulted me before everyone. I lost my self respect.  I always sleep to forget all the stuff that worries me. But this thing going was not like that. Prestige issue.

But I was happy that Vikram supported me yesterday. He was so nice to me yesterday. I saw my clock. It was 6 AM.  I always woke up at 6:30AM. I turned to the other side to see Vikram. He was sleeping like a baby,hugging the pillow. Just forgot to keep the thumb finger inside his lips.

Just then I heard an elderly voice shouting. "It is 6 now. No one is waking up is it? Don't have responsibility." I thought of going to the lawn before hearing her but now I can't go. I sat on the bed waiting for my guardian angel to wake up.

Slowly he opened his eyes and smiled at me. "Good morning." He said. I greeted him with a smile. He went inside the bathroom to refresh. After 10 minutes, he came out and I went inside. It was nearly 7:15, I did not come out. I was planning to apply leave today. I was reluctant to move out.

I saw Vikram coming inside with two cups of coffee. He handed me a cup and sat opposite to me on the bed. "Are you planning to hibernate here whole day or migrate from here?" He asked me, taking a sip.

"I am scared. I think I can't face her."
"Keerthana, I will support you okay? Now get ready for office." He told me. Some magic is there in his voice. It gave me confidence.

I got ready for office as usual. Vikram waited for me. "Ready?" He asked me. Is he thinking that I am a baby?
We went to the dining room. I saw Vikram's uncle's family sitting there. The angry grandma was not present. Lucky me.

I sat between Vikram and Nandita. I took my plate when someone started, "Yesterday your entry was both embarrassing and astonishing." It was Vikram's uncle. So they knew me. It was none other than Nandita. She winked at me as I smiled at her. Everyone started laughing.

Then the angry granny came. The hall became silent and everyone started eating. "So you don't have manners right? You won't wake up early, go to work as per your wish and don't do household work...." I decided not to breakdown because.....

"Granny, yesterday her project was selected so she wanted to convey everyone and she thought of taking your blessings. But you scolded her. Why granny?" It was my guardian angel. She glared at me and went out without saying anything. I saw Vikram. He ate without bothering anything.

This continued for one week. I mingled with Vikram's uncle's family so well except the angry granny. Our wedding anniversary approached. I thought me and Vikram will be the same as we were in the first. But now, it completely changed. Will the sincere officer wish me? As a friend only okay?!

VIKRAM

It was five days since they came. My uncle left the others and went to England. He will come back after 1 week for picking them up. And tomorrow is my wedding anniversary. I have guarded Keerthana from my granny's scoldings like a God.

Will she wish me? Let us see.  It's just curiosity. Let's see who wishes first.

*******************************
WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

KEERTHANA

It was our first wedding anniversary. I was somewhat eager to hear the wish from Vikram. I saw him. Angel was sleeping so soundly for gaining energy to protect me. But I somehow managed without him.

I woke up early to take hair bath. I wore a red kurti today. I was drying my hair using a hair dryer when I saw a huge figure rising from the bed. It was Vikram. For a few minutes, he was staring at me without taking his eyes off from me.