Chapter 28: Keep it interesting

Chapter twenty-eight: Keep it interesting (Zach's POV)

I opened the door and stuck my head, looking up and down the hallway before we slipped out. I went downstairs and she continued her route to the bathroom. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a beer where Brett, Nathan, and Spencer grabbed me and took me outside. "What's up?" I asked in confusion. 

"Excuse me?" 

"What's up? Really?" 

"What just happened in there?" 

"One at a time would be nice," I replied. 

"You and Ellie just kissed. Twice!" Spencer exclaimed. 

Well, more than twice. 

"It was the game," I shrugged. 

"Well, we were playing too, we didn't kiss anybody like that." Nathan gave me a pointed look. 

"That was your choice," I shrugged. 

"Don't act smug," Spencer said. 

"You like her, don't you?" Brett asked. 

"No, I don't," I lied. 

"Then why did you kiss her like that? Twice!" Spencer shrieked. 

"Someone had to entertain the crowd," I shrugged. 

"Yeah right," Nathan scoffed. 

"Zach, just admit it. You like her. It's not like she doesn't like you," Brett shrugged. 

"I just don't get how you fell first even though you made the bet," Nathan snickered. 

I rolled my eyes at him, "I haven't fallen for her, you guys act like I'm in love, I'm not. I just like her," I shrugged. 

"Clearly. So now that you both like each other, is the bet done?" Spencer asked. 

"Nope," I replied. They all looked at me, confusion written across their faces. "First of all, we made the bet about making her fall in love, not just liking me. Second of all, if I call it off then she's gone from the apartment. I need her to stay, so I can keep it interesting. Get it?" 

Brett didn't react but the other two nodded. Nathan and Spencer went inside but Brett stayed outside with me while I pulled out a cigarette. "Everything doesn't always have to be interesting, Zach. Sometimes it's nice to find something good and keep it before you lose it. She really likes you, just don't do something stupid." He gave me a small shrug before going back inside. 

I stayed out till I didn't want to smoke anymore before going back inside. She was sitting on the armrest of the couch with Ashley on her right while she spoke to Ethan and Isaac who were sitting on the couch in front of her. 

She was nodding her head with a grin etched onto her face before she laughed when Isaac said something. I know she was supposed to go on a date with him, but from what I heard in the locker room, she canceled it. Nathan called Ashley to the kitchen to hang out with her which left the seat beside her empty. 

Should I? 

Too late. 

"Hey," I nodded at the two while sitting down. 

"Hey," they replied. 

"What are you doing here?" she turned to me while Ethan and Isaac had a conversation of their own. 

"I can't sit here?" I asked while tracing her waistband. 

She rolled her eyes at me before looking around the place. "Go sit with the guys." She pointed at Brett and Spencer who were near the stairs.