Chapter Four ~ Close Encounters

Reika's cooking could be smelled throughout the whole estate.
Bacon, eggs, buttermilk pancakes and cheesy fried potatoes filled the air making everyones stomach growl as the scent hit their nostrils.

"Oh my, it smells amazing down here!" Diana yawns as she gracefully descended down the spiral stair case leading into the kitchen.

"Good timing Di, come watch this for me and finish making the toast please. I'll go tell the guys that breakfast is ready." Reika instructed her big sister.

"I could go tell them!" Diana exclaimed a little too eagerly.

"You know you're not allowed to go anywhere near that barn." Rick gruffed as he walked into the kitchen.

Diana rolled her eyes and jokingly stuck her tongue out at her dad as she walked to the coffee pot to pour herself a cup.

"Whoever finishes up the coffee needs to refill it!" Reika hollered back to them as she made her way to the barn.

Diana sighed as she looked at the now empty coffee pot in her hands.
With an eyeroll she grabbed the coffee tin from the top of the refrigerator and began making a fresh pot.

"Hey guys?" she knocked on the big metal door when she made it to them moments later.

"Breakfast is ready!" she shouted.

She could hear them fumbling around and within seconds they were outside.

They had already been woken up from the amazing smells coming from the kitchen and had been patiently waiting for it to be ready.
Like the family dog waiting for its treat.

As they began taking their seats at the dining room table, Rick purposely positioned himself in between Baddy and Diana to keep them apart.
That didn't stop the puppy dog stares and googly eyes they were giving each other though.

"Diana, can you take a plate up to your sister please? I want her resting for a while. I think yesterday took too much out of her." Rick asked her before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Diana?" Reika waved her hand in front of her sister who was oblivious. Too mesmerized by her mate.

"Diana!" Her father shouted in annoyance pounding his fist on the table.

"Hmm? What?" Diana asked blinking up at him, still in a daze.

"I think I'm going to lose my appetite." Blaidd announced.

"I second that." Rick agreed. Both grossed out by the puppy dog display that they were being forced to watch.

"If you're ok with it, I'd be more than happy to bring it up to her. I need to apologize in case I came off rude yesterday." Luke offered.

"Thank you!" Reika said with a big grin and handed Luke the tray of food and a cup of juice before anyone could object.

"Her bedroom is all the way up the stairs in the Attic." she points to the stairs and went back to preparing plates for everyone.

Luke could already feel the tingles set in by just thinking about her.
Last night at dinner was excruciating, eating, and talking with everyone when all he wanted to do was be with her, to touch, to kiss, to love.
So many times he wanted to find an excuse to slip away and see her but he knew he needed to keep away.

So why was he caving in now?

Before he realized it, he was already up the stairs to the attic and at her doorway.

Slightly cracked he could see Tala standing and staring out her window, a soft breeze was cooling her off in the September heat.
She was so lost in thought that she didn't notice him standing there.