36| Wished

Aadhya Malhotra

By god's grace, everything turned out to be good. Until I bought the falling I didn't realize that I cared for my child. But I did.

I need to go home and talk to Rehan. I hid the news from him for so long, hope he doesn't get angry.

"Hello. Where are you lost?"

I looked at Anu, smiling. The engagement has been good so far, but I'm so tired, from doing nothing.

I can't believe it still. I have my baby inside me. Our baby.

After talking to mom, I feel like I can do it. I can. I hope so.

"Nothing. Can we go eat food? I'm hungry" I raised from our seat and we went to eat the food. We took our plates and sat in the corner with Liya, Tara and Shreya.

Kavya had gone to her house Friday, and she hasn't returned back yet. I was hoping to see her here, but she didn't come. I think should text her, when I reach home.

"Do you both know each other's ex-es?"

We ate our food and sat on the decorated chairs in the hall. Our family was chit-chatting with us, and in that instance it hit me, I'm going to bring one more person here. A tiny little bunny. My bunny.

As much as I want to disclose it to Rehan, I'm so tensed. One moment I feel ready and then the next, I'm back to zero. Every second my mind goes to the child.

"Madam?"

"Huh, yes I know"

I said and Anu pointed her finger at someone, standing near the stage.

"Who's that?"

"That's Gauri Sharma, Rehan and Sanjay's classmate. She's the bride's family"

Oh. His school relationship. She's too beautiful. It looks like everything she's wearing is specifically made for her, her red sari, her necklace, her beautiful hair. And she's has got the pregnancy glow, looks like she's 7 months or something pregnant.

I'm also pregnant, huh.

"You know about her right?" Anu looked at me with confusion and I nodded seeing her walk towards us.

"How are you? It's been so long" She says hugging Anu.

"Yes, so how are you. And congratulations" They both talked and then Sanjay joined them.

I was talking with Tara when Sanjay pulled me to them.

"Aadhya this is Gauri, our friend, and Gauri this is Aadhya. Rehan's wife"

I greeted her and for one moment she'd a confused look but she covered it quickly before greeting me.

"It's nice to meet you, Aadhya. As I always say to Anvi, I've suffered these boys for more than 10 years and if you want to know their background, you can always come to me" She laughed as we talked.

I thought it would be awkward but it wasn't. She was funny and we continued to talk. She's married to an NRI and has come to India for her delivery.

I definitely shouldn't have judged her. She's a nice person.

I also come to know that she knows Kavya. Everyone literally knows her. And the other fact I came to know today is that Kavya and Anu studied together, but I haven't seen both of them talk much.

It was really late at night when we reached home. Yesterday, Rehan didn't call but texted that he's having a headache and slept. Mom asked me not to reveal my pregnancy to anyone but close family. I haven't even told my mother. I'll after talking to Rehan.