Chapter Eight

AMELIA'S POV

For a while now, my body has felt weightless. It was like I had been floating on the clouds. The afterlife was not what I expected it to be, it was a weird thing. All i do here is float about then sometimes I blank out. My wolf has been absent for all the time i have i spent here and i really miss her company.

"Good morning Anna" this was the first voice i have heard in a long time. Normally everywhere around me is so quiet. I can't see anybody around but the voice just keeps talking.

"I don't really know what to say to you. Today marks the death anniversary of my mate and it still hurts just like the first time i held her dead body." I could hear the voice sobbing and i felt some pity for him.

"I couldn't even get to know her. I found her on the doors of death and the only thing i could know about her was her name. I know I'm pitiful but I'm trying to stay strong for my family and pack. I wish you would wake up. I heard what happened to you. It was really horrible. I'm sorry we couldn't save you sooner." I was confused because i didn't know if he was talking to me or someone else.

My name wasn't Anna.

And this voice was very unfamiliar.

I could feel his sorrow and i sure as hell felt a hand hold holding mine. What is going on. My mind once again became black before i could think further.

I opened my eyes slowly to a white ceiling.

So i didn't die afterall.

I could smell bleach and other chemicals which only made me guess i was in a hostipal. My body didn't hurt much and it was surprisingly easy to sit up. I pulled the needles and wires attached to me off because they were uncomfortable. I looked towards the window and saw it was dark outside. I really couldn't identify where i was but i knew i was no longer in that horrid pack. The air felt different, lighter and peaceful. I couldn't help but wonder where i was. I was forced to lie back done because i started loosing my strength. It wasn't long before sleep took me away.

The opening of a door was the first thing i heard when i woke up. Next i heard footsteps approaching me and i was forced to open my eyes. The guy who had entered my room was frozen in shock.

"Y-yo-you're awake" he said as he approached me. I didn't reply him but i recognized the voice as the one i heard earlier. Now seeing him, he oozed of power. He was definitely an Alpha.

I studied the guy before me and i immediately fell in love with his blue eyes. He had a button nose and pink lips that just screamed kiss me. He was pretty tall with broad shoulders and a slim waist to match. I could tell he was an alpha. He didn't say anything and just kept looking at me. He ran his fingers through his raven black hair and his sexiness almost made me drool. His eyes glossed over and i could tell he was mindlinking someone.

"Uhm the doctor is on his way" he told me once he was done mindlinking and i still didn't answer him. I just blinked my eyes at him because i didn't want to talk to anyone. He shifted from foot to foot under my stare. Nervousness looked weird on him.

The sound of the door opening again forced me to tear my eyes away from the fine specimen. A petite lady wearing a white lab coat stepped into the room and flashed her pearly white teeths at me right after she greeted the Alpha.

"My name is Gwen and i am the Doctor that was in charge of your treatment. The wolfbane and silver that was in your system was flushed out to a significant amount before you arrived. We tried to further remove another amount present at that time and we were successful. Although there was a very little amount your body needed for expel on its own. That was 4months ago." I could tell my eyes popped out of my mouth when i heard that. "Yeah that's right, you've been in a coma. At first we put you in an induced coma for about a month. After that your body shut down on its own to allow you to heal and now everything is back to normal. You do however have some permanent scars on your back. Do you feel any pain anywhere?"

Still not wanting to talk i shook my head saying no. "Well we're just going to keep you under observation for a while longer just to be sure everything is alright." She said looking at me. I knew she was expecting a reply from me but i only blinked at her.

"Please excuse us Gwen" said the The Alpha who i had forgotten was still present. Gwen excused herself and now i was stuck with him.

"Can you talk?" He asked me but i turned my face away from him. "or do you not just want to?" I nodded my head at that and heard him let out a sigh.

"My name is Luke Henderson and I'm the Alpha of the Black Shadow pack" I wasn't really familiar with the name and all i could do was raise my head to look at him.

"uhmm you were brought here by Adam, my Beta, and his aunt Elena" at that name i couldn't help the growl that left my lips."woah calm down missy" i huffed and turned my face away obviously not interested anymore after i heard that woman was here. I knew it was rude of me besides he was an Alpha but i really upset with woman.

"I guess you don't like her since she got you into that big mess. Well i know you're a rogue and all but i can tell you're not dangerous so if you want to stay here for a while before you leave or stay permanently you're free to do so." He told me while sitting on the chair beside me. I turned my head and tried to reach out to pour myself a glass of water but he beat me to it and handed the glass cup to me. I gulp down the whole glass and i felt refreshed.

"My name is Amelia" i whispered slowly while looking at his eyes. I was surprised at myself. I had not wanted to talk to him but once he told me i could stay i was glad. It was the least I could do. I knew he wasn't lying, i could feel it.

"Ah i finally know your name. We have been calling you Anna since we didn't really know what to call you" he smiled at me sheepishly and i couldn't help the little giggle that escaped my lips.

"Well i don't mind i was in a coma anyway" I shrugged

"I know you don't fully trust me but can you tell me a little bit about yourself? "he curiously asked. I really didn't know what part of my awful life to tell him but i knew i had to say something so i opened my mouth.

"What do you want to know?"

"Anything you would like to share."

"Uhmm i was an only child. My dad was a warrior and my mom was a cook. I remember being happy at the beginning of my life until a war broke out between my pack and neighbouring one. My pack won but along with the death of many including my dad" i heard him suck in a breath and my eyes were beginning to get teary. "my mum was devastated and follwed him soon after and i became an orphan. She was selfish enough to kill herself in front of me" I let out a humorousless laugh.

"Amelia, it's ok you don't have to say more" He said but i waved him off.

"Life wasn't nice anymore but i tried to live. The kids at the pack gave me a new reason to keep going. I wanted to become pack doctor and started helping studying under one of the doctors when i was 15. Everything was fine for a while until life decided to punish me again." This time i couldn't hold it in anymore and burst into tears. The pain of loosing my parents and my mate all came rushing back.

"I'm just full of bad luck that's why my happiness never lasts" i sobbed.

Why didn't i just die?

They should have just let me die.