※6※

Reeha went outside the court to see her father grabbing the collar of the lawyer and her mother trying to free his hand.

"YOU LYING BASTARD. YOU BETRAYED ME. WHY? WHY DID YOU lie?" Mr. Rawa Ahmed shouted. The press was clicking their pictures. Shaina Begum couldn't control him. Seeing the situation Reeha immediately stopped him and literally dragged him inside the cab.

"LEAVE ME, REEHA. I'LL KILL THAT BASTARD."

"WHAT WILL YOU DO? IF YOU KILL HIM WILL BHAIYA GET RELEASED? HUH? NO, RIGHT. CAN'T YOU SEE DOING ALL THESE YOU ARE MAKING THE MATTERS WORSE." Reeha shouted but in the next moment felt guilty seeing Mr. Rawa sniveling in a fretful manner.

Calming down she said softly,
"Papa, I'm sorry for shouting at you. But please try to understand doing all this won't get us anything rather it will complicate the situation more. Please calm down."

"I failed, Reeha. I failed, Shaina. I failed as a father. I couldn't even protect my son."

"Why are you saying like this? The final verdict is not announced. We still have some time. Don't give up." Shaina Begum said weeping.

Reeha had a doleful look on her face. She never saw him, heck never imagined her strong papa to look so helpless and vulnerable. She couldn't see him like this. She needs to know the whole thing.

"Mumma, will you be able to take papa home?"

"Yes. Why? Won't you come with us?"

"I have to go somewhere. It's important."

"Reeha, things are already bad. Don't make it worse. Let's go home."

"Mumma, trust me. I will make things right. You just go home with papa. And don't worry I'll come before evening."
Without giving her mother a chance to speak Reeha took an auto heading to the witness's house.

☆☆☆☆☆

Ringing the bell Reeha waited patiently. She needed to know why the witness, Mr. Majid lied. Who made him lie? Mr. Majid, the witness opened the door but seeing her he was about to close the door when she forcefully entered inside the house.

"What are you doing? Go away before I call the police."

"Why did you lie? Did anyone threaten you? Do you know the main culprit?"

"I didn't lie. If anyone threatened me then it's your father. Your father threatened me to testify falsely."

"Stop lying. We both know it is not true. Why are you doing this? What will you get after ruining our family?"
Seeing a little boy hiding behind the curtains whom she assumed was his son she added,
"You have a son, right? What if it happens with him in the future? Please say the truth"

"How much money do you need? Just say. I'll give it to you. But please say the truth. Please." Reeha begged crying.

"Look, girl, go away from here. Don't create any scene. Go away or else I'll call the police." He threatened.

Not knowing what to do she gave him her number and said,
"If you change your mind please call me."

He didn't reply. Feeling dejected she started to walk away. When she was halfway she heard a boy calling her.
"Sister wait." The boy was panting.
Looking carefully she saw it was the same boy she saw in Mr. Majid's house. The boy was probably 12-13 years old. Seeing him Reeha thought she found a ray of hope. And she wasn't wrong.
"Do you have anything to say? Did you see something that night?" Reeha asked with hope in her eyes.

"My dad won't testify." Her face falls.

"But why? Did someone threaten him?"

"No. He won't testify as he didn't see anything that night."

"What? What do you mean? My father told him to lie in court?"

"Not your dad. Before your dad came, someone came and gave money to my dad to testify falsely."

"What? Who came?"

"I don't know them but they seem rich. I am saying all this because I don't want my dad to go to jail."

"Thanks. Thanks for saying."
Now the dots were linking. This explains the reason for Mr. Rayyan Malik's smirking face. It means he was the one who bribed Mr. Majid. She was infuriated by the disclosure of truth. Without thinking about the consequence she went towards her next destination.

The Malik Mansion.

☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for reading. Please vote, comment, and share.❤❤