Chapter Four

I was glad that Blake agreed to help with the party

I was glad that Blake agreed to help with the party. With my sister's Type A personality, I knew there wouldn't be many people that could handle her requests. But I knew Blake well enough that she would make it a great party.

My phone beeped with a text notification. I knew who it was without even looking.

"Where are you?" Heather asked in her almost-always worried tone.

"Sis, I told you I'd be over the soon. I stopped by Kurt's house to get Blake's number so I could ask her to be the planner."

"Well? What did she say?"

"She's gonna do it, and she's even getting ready to come over to your house with me. So if she has questions, she can get them answered quickly."

Heather sighed. "I like her already."

So do I.

"She's a great girl. I know she'll do a good job."

"Can't wait to meet her. See you soon."

I tossed my phone on the couch. Kurt was still glued to the game. Sometimes I didn't think he deserved Blake. She was easy going, smart, and beautiful. And I hated that she was a people pleaser, which was why I wanted to make sure she wasn't putting herself out to help me. Because I knew she would.

"You sure you don't wanna come with us? I hate pulling her away from you."

Kurt opened another beer and shook his head.

"Nah, she'll just have her head buried in her computer. Besides, she probably needs a little recovery time after last night."

My curiosity was piqued, but I didn't want to press the issue. It wasn't my business and more importantly, I wanted to respect Blake's privacy.

"I'm ready," Blake said as she came around the corner. Her hair was down around her face. She was still wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants, but she was definitely a girl that could wear anything and look great.

I stood up and headed toward the door.

"I'll see ya later, man. Text me when you're heading out and I'll meet you there."

"Sounds good," Kurt answered without looking up. "Bye, babe."

"Bye. Call me later and we can go eat before you head out tonight."

Kurt's eyes were still facing the television and I wanted to yell how fucking rude he was being to Blake, but I knew it wasn't my business.

"Alright."

Blake walked over into his line of sight. He quickly kissed her, which normally never bothered me, but for some reason, I felt a twinge of jealousy.

Why the fuck was I even bothered by that?

Once outside, I opened my truck door for her.