Handshakes

Third Person POV:

" Ginny and I are going on a date this Saturday." Harry spoke at last, desperate to get rid of the silence.

"Well I don't really know if you can call it a date but we're gonna hang out." Harry continued, scanning Draco's face for a reaction.

No reaction.

"Sounds cool." Draco finally replied.

"What's the matter?" Harry looked at him, his eyes tight and worried.

"Nothing Potter." He sat down against the wall, Harry doing the same and sitting next to him.

"Okay." Harry didn't believe him, but decided to drop the matter.

"Snape wants me to tutor you in Potions, starting from tomorrow, two or three times a week. Says your grades aren't doing well and he expects them to improve by the next exams."

"Oh... Okay. Well thanks for agreeing." He didn't really know what to say. He knew he wasn't the best in Potions, but he didn't think he was bad to the extent he needed a tutor.

"I didn't really have a choice."

"Oh." 

They sat in silence once again. Harry tried to think of something to say. Anything. But nothing came to mind.

"Do you ever think about what life would be if you weren't a wizard? If you were a muggle instead." Harry questioned, looking at the freckles of light in the sky.

"I'm quite happy being a wizard than a stinky muggle." Draco snorted.

"They're not stinky... Well, not all of them. I'm happy I came to Hogwarts, otherwise I wouldn't have met Hermione and Ron and other people I've become great friends with, but maybe if I hadn't have come, life could've been more... I guess life could have been less eventful. You get me?" He confessed.

Draco faced Harry, looking into his eyes. 

Their lightness reminded him of summertime, when the sun-rays warmed each extended leaf. Harry started to fidget, he looked down, feeling at an unease by the way Draco was looking deep into his soul with his ash coloured eyes.

"Stop looking at me like that." The younger joked, turning his head so he could look at the night sky again. Draco simply looked away, a hint of a smile on his face.

"How was Quidditch practise?" Malfoy asked.

"Why? You wanna know our game plan?" Harry teased as Draco jokingly rolled his eyes.

"It was alright, Ron's thinking of trying out which is exciting." He continued, a gleam in his eye as he mentioned his best friend.

"Our next game is against Slytherins. Yuck, who likes Slytherins?" Harry scrunched up his face.

"Imagine being a Gryffindor, that's much worse. Slytherins are the best. End of." Draco argued back.

"Well we'll see Malfoy. How about this, whichever house wins the game is the better house." Harry proposed.  

"Alright, let's shake on that." He agreed, holding out his hand.

As Harry shook his hand, he felt how delicate and soft they were, most likely from never having done a day of physical labour. He wished he could never let go, but alas, all good things come to an end.

"Great then. It's settled. Should we go back to our dorms then?" Harry finalised.

"Let's just stay here a bit longer. It's peaceful."

In all truthfulness, Draco wanted to spend more time with Harry, he felt more at ease with him around. He helped distract him from the other things going on in his life.

Harry nodded, repositioning himself so that he could lay his head on Draco's shoulder. He felt Draco tense, before he relaxed after a few seconds.

A few minutes later, Draco heard those soft snores once again- Harry had fallen asleep. A small smile appeared on his lips, as he too welcomed the sleep.

A/N: Short chapter I guess. A filler? I suppose. I didn't really read this over so let me know if I made a mistake. Anyways, enjoy.