26.

I loved her... and that was the beginning and end of everything.

••••

"Its a dorm party night suckers!!" Some guys barge into the common room screaming this. They don't stop and run up and down the corridors shouting the same thing.

"What's this?" I nudge Becca.

"Some senior pulled a prank on the warden. She won't be here tonight and there's no replacement. So obviously there's gonna be a party." She answers nonchalantly.

Then she suddenly gets excited.

"You can come to this party too." She says, getting hyped.

"As if." I roll my eyes.

"No I'm serious Elena. You are coming to this party." She grabs my hands.

"Becca you know I can't do that."

"Listen to me. The party is going to be in the common room which is just some steps away from our room. If you feel uncomfortable then you can just go back. And you don't have to drink alcohol and you'll be just fine."

"But..."

"Elena you've got to live. You should let loose sometimes."

She is somewhat right. I mean, I'll be fine as long as I don't drink which I obviously won't.

"Okay."

------------------------------------------

It will be fun. My First college party. I'll be fine.

I do a little pep talk with myself as I stand in front of the Mirror. Isn't my look too gothic? Why do people wear black in parties?

The black crop top with laces going down the neck shows more cleavage than my any other top. And the rugged shorts barely cover half my thighs. The only sense I relief I get is by adorning red heels, a change from dull black.

But Becca says I look hot. And that my dress is nothing compared to what the others would be wearing.

She has already left and asked me to come within 10 minutes or she will drag me out herself.

I take a deep breath and step out of the room.

They've entirely changed the layout of the common room. There is a bar section now and a makeshift dance floor, party lights, and what not.

When I go in, people regard me with surprise. Some girls approach me.

"Elena. You came to a party." One says.

"I did." I reply.

"You are kinda infamous for turning down invites." The other one jokes.

I smile in reply.

From a distance I spot Kai standing at the bar section with his ton of friends and a drink.

I excuse myself and make my way to him. His friends are the first to spot me and they have the same look of surprise as many of the people here.