Chapter 21: All for You

Tao Yi Ning was very efficient in dealing Sheng Xing Ze's liquidated damages. Even if Sheng Xing Ze told her that he had planned to withdraw from the circle, Tao Yi Ning did not intend to let this promising newcomer leave so easily. She pretended to agree that "Xing Lan" would be his last work, but secretly she had begun to look for a new script for him.

Sheng Xing Ze's company did not make it difficult for her. Their opinion of him was a walking talentless beauty, a walking vase, only his face was worth some values. Even when he was being backed up by his godfather; in fact, it did not really help his acting career.

Wan Bo Xue was more than happy to throw this hot potato out of his hand, so then he could concentrate on Lin Mu.

Sheng Xing Ze from time to time would check up on Wan Bo Xue's upcoming plans, he could tell the man's main focus now was on Lin Mu.

"You asked me to find a good private detective," Yu Bai handed a business card to Sheng Xing Ze, "this person has great ability matching with his confidentiality."

Sheng Xing Ze thanked him and took the business card. He called the phone number on the card that afternoon--the man's name was Bei Mao Xun.

Bei Mao Xun was a well-known private detective in China. His schedule was filled with appointments all the way until next year from the clients looking for him to do the work. Yu Bai was able to get him an appointment in such a long queue, that alone was a great help for Sheng Xing Ze.

Sheng Xing Ze had known of this famous private detective. Bei Mao Xun was so famous due to his special investigative methods. Those who asked him to do the work had never returned empty-handed, and each investigation would come with full of desired results.

The phone rang three times and then it was connected, Sheng Xing Ze took the lead in introducing himself.

"Hello, this is Sheng Xing Ze."

"Hello, are you the one being referred to by Mr. Yu, it's better to meet to go over specific details, when are you free?"

"The sooner the better, how about tomorrow?"

"Sure, give me the address, I'll come to find you." Bei Mao Xun did not beat around the bush with him, he went straight to the point as soon as he spoke, and he finalized the meeting in three sentences. Sheng Xing Ze could not help but look forward to the meeting.

Bei Mao Xung came to the cafe located next to the filming area the following afternoon, on time.

Sheng Xing Ze immediately came to Zhang Chao to ask for time off after he received the call. In the coffee shop, he saw a completely different Bei Mao Xun, not like his imagination from their phone conversation. Unlike the shrewdness on the phone, Bei Mao Xun's temperament was much gentler.

When Sheng Xing Ze arrived, Bei Mao Xun was sitting quietly in the corner of the coffee shop, holding a book in his hand and reading it with relish. If it was not due to their meeting, Sheng Xing Ze would never have thought this person was actually the famous private detective, because he looked like a scholar who was reading his poetry.

No wonder he could easily follow his object, Sheng Xing Ze thought so.

Seeing Sheng Xing Ze come over, he closed the book in his hand and readjusted the half-frame glasses on the bridge of his nose, "Let's be brief and go to the point, what do I need to do?"

Sheng Xing Ze gave a shallow smile and whispered, "I would like to ask you to help me find a person..."

On the evening of the second day, Bei Mao Xun called Sheng Xing Ze, "All the information about the person you want has been cleaned up by someone. It's certainly difficult to go deeper in this path, do you have any other clues?"

Yesterday, Sheng Xing Ze told Bei Mao Xun everything he knew about Bai Gao Cen, hoping he could find the private detective hired by Lin Mu.

Sheng Xing Ze thought about it for a while, but he could not think of any clues to help Bei Mao Xun. Although he had read the original book, many details were not clearly written by the author, and Sheng Xing Ze could not remember them all.

"How about, help me by following Lin Mu first, this matter is closely tied to him, I suspect someone is helping him, we'll be able to track some information from him, thank you."

Sheng Xing Ze hung up the phone, sitting on the sofa in contemplation.

According to the plot of the original book, Lin Mu relied on "Xing Lan" popularity to get the protagonist's attention. Then, the seme protagonist easily found out Lin Mu's black history. However, the seme protagonist had not shown up yet, it should be easy to dig out information about this matter, but somehow there was some unexpectedness.

Since he transmigrated to here, many things had happened completely different from the original story, so he had not yet figured out who else would help Lin Mu.

Sheng Xing Ze put his hand over his mouth and stared at the edge of the table in a daze.

Yu Bai took his hand from his mouth and pushed a glass of water over to him, "Don't eat your hand, remember you can rely on me anytime you need my help." He naturally inserted his fingers into Sheng Xing Ze's hair and touched it as he sat next to him while reading the script.

Sheng Xing Ze froze for a moment, seeing that the other did not look at him, he whispered a thank you and also looked at his script; he did not tease the other about his hand eating comment.

**

The Spring Festival was getting closer and closer, the filming of "Xing Lan" was gradually coming to an end.

Today's shooting was the scene where the villain, played by Hui Si Yong, took advantage of Bai Xing Lan's absence to invade the Medicine Valley. Hui Si Yong had a wire attached to him from earlier.

"Brother Sheng, Brother Sheng, please give me some of your luck, I want to perfect this in one take," Hui Si Yong saw Sheng Xing Ze arrived at the studio, and stretched out his arms to hug the other man.

Sheng Xing Ze opened his arms to give him a warm and short hug, "Only half of it, I want to save some for myself."

This whole scene fell into Yu Bai's eyes who had been sitting in a chair reading the script, he tried to endure the uncomfortable feeling in his heart, stood up and walked to Sheng Xing Ze's side, then spread out his arms, "Brother Sheng, share some with me?"

Sheng Xing Ze's body was stiff at the calling "Brother Sheng" from the other man, the same calling was being said by two people with two completely different taste, he perfunctory hugged Yu Bai with a weird look, "You don't have any scene today, why I should share some with you, it would be better that Film Emperor Yu share some with me, a good luck charm that I finish this shot in one take."

Yu Bai hugged him tightly, rubbing the side of his face gently on Sheng Xing Ze's hair: "Okay, it's all for you."

---