Chapter 3: The Lady Is A Strange Girl (Part 2)

NOTE: I just really like this picture, it's not the actual setting but it's just as beautiful and lonely as this picture... wait. Am I the only one that gets weird loner vibes from this picture or is it just me?

~~~~~~~~~~***~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked through the garden, along with the maids Winnie assigned to me, I inspected the flowers father tended to every morning. It ranged from different colors, to different species, to different rarities. I read about all of them from the nature section that occupied 1/3 of the library room, and the library room was almost as large as the ballroom.

I frowned when I remembered fathers reaction to me rampaging at a tea party I once hosted in the garden. No one showed up that day and I was angered to the point of destroying every beautiful flower I laid my eyes on.

Father was devastated to find his years of work only to be ruined by his own flesh and blood. Not only did I lose face, again, and was gossiped around the Capital, again, but I had also lost the look of a caring father.

Since that day, father couldn't look me in the eyes, and whenever he did, there was only disappointment.

Even if it never happened yet, I still couldn't bear to see that look in his eyes.

I didn't want that to ever happen.

"Where do we keep the gardening tools?" I had shocked the maids to jump back from the random question.

"In the gardening shed, my Lady." A maid with short, black hair had answered.

"Lead me there." Although confused and a bit hesitant, they lead me to the shed that was right by the greenhouse.

I never came back here before and never bothered to in the far future, so seeing the greenhouse up close was quite weird. I had only been able to see it from my balcony or my reading room window.

It seems abandoned but the squeaky clean glass surrounding the healthy growing plants said otherwise. I wonder if father tended to them as well?

"Say, who takes care of the greenhouse?" I wonder out loud.

"Ah.. forgive us.. we don't know, my Lady, there has been strict orders about entering." The maid spoke up.

"Oh? Who's orders were they under?"

"Duke Vasilis, my Lady."

Father? But why?

The maids had opened the shed, straying my attention and thoughts away from the greenhouse. The inside of the shed wasn't as dusty as I thought it would be. I walked in.

"Be careful, my Lady!" I wave my hand to assure them I was fine before taking a look around. The inside didn't have that heavy smell of metal but rather that lovely scent of spring. I roam around and examine the gardening tools when I see the tool I needed. It was on top of the wooden table that leaned against the walls.

"Excuse me," I turned to the maids as I pointed to the watering pot, "I need some assistance, please!" I say politely.

"I'll be right there, my Lady!" The maid with the two braids rushed towards the pot in front of me. She picked it up, presenting it to me.

"Thank you!" I let out a giggle. The maid hummed with a smile of her own.

"Ah, my Lady sure is adorable!" The maid gushed.

Ugh, was this another fake compliment?

I ignore it before taking the pot out of her hands, "Shall we?" I turn towards the door before making my way out.