Chapter 8: Milti hai zindagi mein

"So beta Meera, ready for your first day at goenka constructions?"  Shantanu asked Meera who had come downstairs, wearing very simple formals, not a touch of make up and hair tied in a bun. She simply nodded to shantanu.

"And where is your brother? Sahabzade Arjun, has he not got the courtesy of escorting his wife to his office when it's her first time!" Shantanu growled, Meera lowered her gaze and turned her head to Aakash

"Papa, bhaiya was really excited but he got some work at the sight, so he asked me to take Meera" Aakash smoothly lied

"Hmm" shantanu replied and looked at his newspaper again. Meera kept her expression stoic so no one would figure out that she hadn't even seen her husband till now.

Divya put some lemonade in MEera's glass and lovingly put her hand on Meera's hand, "Aakash, dont make my sister work too much on the first day"

"I cant guarantee that Diya, your sister is going to be working with my brother, and he doesnt spare anyone!" Aakash said trying to keep Meera's spirits alive after last night, he knew nothing could be as contenting as work satisfaction.

"I swear bhabhi" Aman said nodding his head and putting his hand on his head to express his displeasure, whimsically.

Divya lightly slapped Aman's head.
_

"This is your cabin and opposite yours is the manager, Mr. Kukreja who takes care of all the legalities!" Aakash said introducing Diya to her cabin, with a a false ceiling attached Ac, cream colors walls, a desk and a chair.

"Okay and I've already explained to you the project, I'll ask my PA to drop the paper work at your desk in 5,dont worry just go through the spacing,client requirements etc etc and then start sketching your plan or whatever is your methodology,okay?" Aakash said, followed by a blink and reassuring smile.
"All the best!"

"Jiju!" She said stopping him, and then  added "thank you for everything", giving him a wide smile.

"Oh dont!" Aakash said slapping the air and moving towards his cabin.
-
"Mr Kukreja, I need the jaipuriya files right now! With all the financial coverage" Arjun said entering the managers cabin

Mr kukreja who was talking to his wife, put the phone down that instant,
"Uh-h-hel-hello sir uh, wife sir" he said flatteringly

"I dont care Mr. KukreJa, Files?" Arjun said non Chalantly

"I'll just bring it from accounts department sir, 5 minutes" the plump man said and began running at his pace out of the cabin. Arjun sighed and nodded his head in disapproval.

*knock knock*

"Come in" Arjun said assuming it was a PA or peon

The door opened and a tall, dark girl holding some paper first, peeped inside and then, got in completely.

"Yes?" Arjun questioned her skeptically, he had never seen this girl in the office or anywhere else.

"Uh-hi-I had to discuss one of these papers with you" she said very formally, her english being very clear and concise, unlike most employees indicating that she had been abroad,

"I'm sorry who are you?" Arjun asked irritably, he hated it when people were recruited without his knowledge, ofcourse because the level of qualification and efficiency he wanted in his employees was almost impossible to find, this was the firm would have no one to work!

What's with the attitude, does he think he owns this place or what! Meera thought

"I'm new here, I'm sorry, I'm an architect" she said putting her hand out for greetings