Chapter 28 ✅

Chapter Twenty Eight- The Cabin

Just as I was leaving he spoke, "Heard you are taking photography. It's good to know you're too just like your mother pursuing your dream. Seems like talent runs in the family." His smile was really weird. Like dimples were their but yet every word he said appeared dipped in some hidden meaning of his.

"My mother? You knew her?"

He wiped his mouth and hands from the white cloth and put the plate aside, his eyes wandering to somewhere else. "Of course I did. I was the first one to see her, talk to her... She was beautiful and talented. Her entire personality had so much passion. Her paintings were displayed in our college exhibition every single year."

I stood their, glued to my spot, unable to move or even blink. "Even until her death she painted, as much as her body allowed." I added, I didn't know why. He blinked twice and looked away as if her death pained him. Question bubbles rose in my chest.

I leaned against the doorframe for support, "Did you... talk to her a lot? I mean after her marriage? I didn't see you at the funeral."

He ran a hand through his hair. "So many questions, Ms. Rhodes. Maybe next time when I'm in town, we can grab something to eat and I tell you everything about your mother and me."

Why did that sound so weird? Like...him and mom? Some sinking feeling took over my stomach and I just nodded leaning away. "Okay then. I-uh have to study." I turned around so fast on my feet and ran out to the living room.

Some hustling and rummaging sounds came from the garage followed by a curse spoken so loud. Hurrying towards the noise, I spotted Easton straddling a giant black bike which was wide and spiky.

How didn't I notice it before?!

I walked over to him, raising my brow I questioned, "Where are you going?"

"Didn't you hear?" He dryly spoke.

Well, guess what? The evil Easton was back.

He wore a helmet and shifted in his seat. I was amazed by the bike it was Matt black and a little red here and there. "But Elliot is in London."

My eyes stuck to the beauty in front of me.

He sighed, "He came back this morning, Dragon. What the hell you want?"

"Tell me, where are you going then?" I knew I was bugging him and he was practicing killing me in his head right now. But, I just couldn't stop.

After last night, I felt way more closer to him than I ever had. He'd opened up to me and I could tell it took a lot for him to share his past.

"Anywhere!" He snapped, looking away from me.

I grinned, the idea of anywhere was way too tempting to let go. He pressed on the starter and it roared to life, making my heart jump in my throat.

Instantly, I grabbed his other shoulder and hoisted myself up behind him in a swift second.

Gobsmacked, he half turned around in his seat, "What the hell you think you're doing?"

I beamed at him and wiggled my brows. "Going anywhere."

He narrowed his eyes, "Get the fuck off!" He growled.

I was already used to this, nonchalantly, I shook my head.

"I told you I'm coming."

"No, you're not!" He threw his arms up. Aw...