Chapter 53 | Sharing the news

'What am I now
what if I'm someone I don't want around
I'm falling again
I'm falling again
I'm falling'

A c e

Finding out that I will have a mini me in only a couple of week was the most exciting yet nerve wrecking thing I have experienced.

Ray started sobbing, struggling to show off she was right and we had a very intimate moment when it dawned on us there will be a human running around in the house.

"Babe?" I call out. "What do you want to eat?"

I don't hear anything so I go check the living room to make sure everything is alright and I see her staring at Noah's number on my phone. I haven't pressured her to tell him anything, but I can tell she needs a bigger support group that what I can offer.

"You think he deserves to know?" She asks me.

"I think you deserve to tell him," I answer and meet her eyes. "I'm right here."

She dials the phone number and awaits his response.

"Hello?" Noah answers, confused.

"Hi Nick," Ray responds. Noah has been to our house a few times for "work" but in reality he just wanted to check up on Ray, that was before she started showing.

"Hi Ray, is everything okay?" He sounded concerned over the phone and Ray was squeezing my hand very harshly.

"Yes, Ace and I just wanted to tell you something," she glances up at me and I give her a nod. "I guess you could say you're becoming a grandfather to our future baby boy."

There was a few seconds of silence on the phone and I could hear Ray's heartbeat as she stares at the phone.

"This is amazing news," we could faintly hear the tears in his eyes. "Congratulations honey, he's going to have the best parents in the world. Is Ace around?"

Ray hands the phone to me and wipes a couple of tears at the sound of her father supporting her.

"Yes sir," I respond and kiss Ray's head, feeling very proud of her decision.

"Congrats son, you better take care of them with your own flesh," he sounded both sincere and terrifying to which I responded seriously with another agreement.

Ray continues talking on the phone for a little about how she found out and why she hesitated to tell him, but I could see she really wanted to do it for a while now.

R a y

It has been a few months since I told Noah but he finally took the time off work to come and visit us again. If he had visited us even a week earlier, he wouldn't have even noticed I was. I didn't know my belly would triple in size over the course of a day but it happened.

"Ace, stop doing that," I snap, irritated. I look over at Ace who looks surprised since he wasn't doing anything in particular.

"I'm sorry, what did I do?" He says, checking his surroundings for something annoying that could've caused a loud noise.

"You've been typing all day on your keyboard, It's making my headache worse. I'm sorry I know you're just working, but your son isn't making my day easy," I point at my belly and Ace simply turns his screen off.

"I'll make sure to give him a piece of my mind later," he smiles apologetically and I sigh, knowing it can't be helped.

I now use a wheelchair to get around the house because I had collapsed once when I became out of breathe from walking. The doctor mentioned it was nothing serious, just a side effect due to my heart illness.

The fact that I can't walk freely, sleep or eat hasn't been the greatest feeling.

"Noah should be coming over soon, but I don't have the motivation to get dressed," I whine.

"Then don't, you already look perfect," Ace brushes my wild hair out of my face.

"You're only saying that so I don't start crying," I tease him but he shakes his head.

"No, I really mean it," he says seriously which makes me tear up anyway.

"You can't say these nice things all of a sudden, I don't deserve them," I wipe my tears with my shaky hands.

I experience severe mood swings when I'm on my period but I never knew they could be so bad. There are some days when I'm so happy that I can't stop smiling, others where I'm sad and I cry all day long, some days I'm so horny I don't want to stop having sex, and some where I find everything annoying. The list can go on forever and sometimes there are more than one thing happening a day.

I put on some makeup to cover up my dark circles and hide the fact that I look like a train wreck. When the appropriate time came, the door bell could be heard echoing around the house.

I wheel myself out of my temporary room into the living room where Ace helps me reach the door. I open the door to really excited eyes that immediately look for my belly. He hands the flowers and cake to Ace and drops down into a squat with his hands eager to feel the little bean inside.

"You're glowing," he says with teary eyes.

"Sure doesn't feel like it," I joke around, also becoming emotional.

I don't think I could ever call Noah my dad because I never knew him that way, but I will make sure my son calls him grandpa.