Wake me up when Chuseok ends I

Day 1

Y/N's POV

Your gaze flicker from the dull pages of your term paper to the window just a few inches in front of you. Outside of your dorm, you can still see some of the students casually hanging out with their groups; some are in circles under a tree, some are sitting on the bench. There are a few carrying big backpacks as they walk. You thought they must be going home to their respective hometowns for the holiday break.

You stretch your legs as far as you can, under your study table at the same time you push both of your arms  towards your back. The sun is just about to set and you never love Monday like the way you feel right now. Tomorrow you'll catch the earliest bus going to your hometown and not worry about attending your classes. Just one more year Y/N, and you're out of Seoul University. You thought to yourself as you keep on scanning the scenery outside of your window.

Finishing Fine Arts has been your dream and after graduating, you plan on just painting your heart out; having your own Art Gallery maybe in Seoul or your hometown, Suwon. You don't want to care if it's going to be enough to make your ends meet, so long as you see yourself swiping those brush against a clean white canvass for the rest of your life.

Your train of thoughts were stopped. From the distance, your eyes landed on a boy slumping on the grass with his back on your view. He appears to be by himself but his surrounding doesn't seem to bother him even with his eccentric clothing; he's wearing white cotton long sleeves and dark blue loose trousers. You mentally mock him as if he's too excited for the upcoming holiday to be wearing parts of his hanbok. He periodically pulls off the grass on both side of him and threw it in the open air in front of him. He also kicks on grass as he points in the sky. His distance from where you are is too far to make out anything he's saying but you're sure enough he's not being discreet about it. You thought this must be a normal occurrence since the other students around don't mind him. You don't usually hang out in your dorm so you don't have any idea how many times he'd done this and you just laugh silently with yourself. You check the time on your phone and decided to get shower and pack the stuff you need. You didn't need much as you still have some clothes back at home.

——*——
His POV

After a long slumber, I woke up. I scratch my eyes until my eyes adjusted to the sunlight and look around. I see nothing quite familiar. I stretch my arm and took a deep breath with my eyes close. The early autumn breeze greeted me. I smell the dry leaves and felt a bleak chill against my face. "Yes, here I am again. Stuck with you in the next twelve days huh" I mumble as I brush the dirt on my baji (loose trousers). I get up from the ground and start stretching from limb to limb. I walk with nothing in my mind. I keep looking around until I figure out where I was - University of Seoul. "Well.. I guess if you really don't know where to go, go back from where you were." I said to myself and sigh.

I keep walking until I pass by the first person I see after a year. Checking the man from head to toe, then curve my lips down along with the shrug of my shoulders. Not much difference in fashion from last year, I thought to myself.

Another man pass by and I walk side by side with him. "Is that equipped with the latest technology?" I said to the man on my side as I look down on the phone in his hand. He didn't look at me and I didn't expect him to.

A woman holding her kid pass by. No, she's dragging the kid to walk up to the stop light while the kid's eyes are glued on the tablet in his hands "Hya! Aren't you too young for that?" I scold the kid but he didn't even move his eyes from the screen.

A group of high school girls walks by, siping in drinks in large plastic cup with large straw and floating black pearls. They chat and laugh at each other. "Whoa! Where did you get those? I'd like to try one too!" I said enthusiastically on one of the girls but they keep on walking, away from me.