11. Foolish

CHAPTER ELEVEN
(foolish)

             Speaking with Carlisle had been exactly what Catherina needed

             Speaking with Carlisle had been exactly what Catherina needed. Her resolve for the upcoming battle was strong and she was prepared in case a battle ensued.

However—her mind was far from preparation, because of the overwhelming emotions she was receiving from every single being within the vicinity.

It was as if the voices had no control and the volume for them had only maximized. For Catherina, even a spell was futile on shutting them out because of the strength of uncontrollable emotions. When her eyes fell onto her slumbering son—Catherina had questioned if he too had the same problem, but then she remembered that he was not as sensitive to emotions as she was.

While she pondered about the unfathomable fate, she ended up getting out of bed and leaving the guest bedroom. She knew better to try forcing herself to sleep and did not want the unnecessary stress to start showing on the possible battle within just a week.

"Having trouble sleeping?" The low and husky voice of her fated pair filled her ears. It was a powerful sound that unknowingly muted the voices that she was trying to escape. When she noticed this—she turned to him and her eyes had a drooping expression.

It was one that somehow interpreted as asking him to speak more. Garrett had felt the jitters in his chest as he saw the way she looked at him. He didn't need to confirm it and he just knew not to be cocky, so he just abided to it without question.

As the two of them had confirmed their acceptance towards their fate—the two still had part of them that did not want destiny to define their paths, however, the will to fight it had been barely present within their minds.

"Out of everyone here," Catherina started as she leaned back on the bench she was sat on," Only my brother and you are the ones that don't have the fear of the upcoming encounter with the Volturi"

Garrett chuckled leaning his back on the railing and kept his eyes on Catherina who had the expression of a child that had lost their patience. He had thought that with his guard lowered making Catherina hear it loud as day.

"I've been compared to many things, but a child who had their candy taken away is the first" She huffed in embarrassment as blood rushed to her cheeks. The hue of red had been vibrant on her naturally pale skin and Garrett took in the sight as a victory. He found it amusing but also wholesome to his non-beating heart.

Though he was not sure of it himself because this was all new to him. The emotion of stability and steadiness was something he's never had. The nomad had only known of passion that only pleasured the needs of his body whereas the passion for love had been purely a mystery.

So maybe, his choice of acceptance to his fate was purely out of curiosity, however, the thought had not been much in his mind. He just desired the woman before him—the revelation before him.