Chapter 8/155: Fade Into Darkness

Read, enjoy, and comment, comment, comment!
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

"Oh, good luck wherever you're going, I guess." -was all what I said as comment on the news I had just been hit with by Sebastian Keith.

I moved to step away from him, but his hand came over my shoulder, freezing my move.
"Come with me!"

I didn't look at him, as I turned my gaze away from him, and only tried swallowing the knot in my throat.

Of course he was going to leave.

Isn't that all what people do?

Isn't that the hardest thing life had told me so far? To pick up my pieces and just keep moving?

I didn't reply, and bit my lower lip. Hard.

His other hand came up to my face, flipping it to the side so I would look at him.

Still, my eyes avoided his.

I did not. I did not want to look at him.

"Why not!" He growled, "Give me one reason!"

I bit my lips harder. I did not want to answer. I did not want to open my mouth.

Because if I did, all my weakness and sorrow will just resurface.

I pushed myself away from him, escaping his grip as I took him by surprise.

I gulped, and turned away, as I started walking.

"One request," A voice came from behind me, loud, clear, with a hint of anger within it.

I arced my head at Sebastian Keith, indicating for him to continue.

"I want a Karate duel against you before leaving." He spoke out, "Tomorrow at four in the afternoon. My caravan."

I blinked, licking my lips. "That's it?"

He fixed me with his dark, slightly angry, and cold jades, "I'm assuming, from what I have seen so far through the course of your actions since I met you, that you want to become stronger, no?"

I nodded, giving him a very confused look.

"Let's see how 'strong' you are before I leave."

My heart ached as he reminded me of his departure, but I kept a straight face, as I nodded, and turned to leave.

He did not stop me this time, and I walked outside the capsule, which had reached a stop by now and people had started departing from it.

.

.

.

Reaching home, I headed to my room, without interacting with neither mom or Theo.

I felt drained, and something deep inside me ached.

Yet I didn't know what it was.

It was that sadness that had not left me for the past six months, and that had fell dormant through the past two weeks.

But no.

I am not sad.

I can't be sad.

I need to get over all of those emotions, and just acquaint myself with the idea that people leave, and that I'll always be on my own.

I can't let any emotion get to me after this.

Not any emotion, but the mere desire of avenging my father.