11. Family Reunion

I have a lot of time on my hands since the UK is now under lock down and consequently preventing me from going to work so I've been able to work on this story more.

Unedited so please let me know if you spot mistakes.

But any who, here is the next chapter.

✨🌘✨

Since I had tried to escape I was being
followed and watched every day and all night, guards being placed outside my bedroom door for extra precaution thanks to Adrenous.

My promise was obviously not enough for him. Considering I hadn't given him much reason to trust me he hadn't given me much either and so we were both now wary of the other.

The realisation that I had lost his trust along with the others was hard to bare, I admit but I couldn't help feeling that way.

Even Rylan watched me closely worried that I would try something. He thought I didn't notice his change in demeanour with me but I did. Whenever I made a sudden move or approached a door I could see from the corner of my eye how his body tensed, making sure he could spring into action if I was to escape again.

I hated it.

I trailed along the corridors, Rylan on toe as I navigated my way round the castle, remembering the route quite clearly as I made my way up a flight of stairs. I'm sure Rylan took into account the fact that I was able to make my way around without his lead. He may as well believe I would use it one day to run away again.

Not that I would. I had learned my lesson.

Continuing along the hall, I took note that the main colour theme for the hallways was red carpets and white stone walls which seemed to brighten the place up and give a decent sense of space even though there was tons of it anyway but it also gave it also made it look ancient. I had no doubt it was ancient but the stone walls helped.

Reaching the stair case, it spiralled downwards as we made our way around, as soon as we reached the second floor I descended from the stairs and walked forwards.

"You seem like a woman with a mission." Rylan chuckled, cutting into the silence of the hall.

I hummed in response, trying to concentrate on which way to turn as we reached an Intersection which split off into two halls. Remembering it was right I continued along answering, Rylan's comment, "I figured since I have a lot of free time on my hands I might as well make use of it."

"And you think the library is a good use of your time?" He said, his brow arched as he continued to trail behind me.

"Well yes..." I trailed of, worried that it may not have what I was looking for and decided to ask, " It has books on mates right?"

Understanding and surprise swooped across his face, he says, "Adrenous told you."

"Yeah, well it took him long enough." I huff in response.

We finally stand outside the library doors, my hand barely touching the door handle as I hesitate to open it, turning to Rylan as he seems to have gone quiet. His eyes seem glazed over, his expression changing, while I watch him cautiously.

"Rylan, are you alright?"

He shakes his head as if tuning back into focus, a grin plasters itself on his face as his eyes focus back onto me. "We have to head into the dining hall, Adrenous has a surprise for you."

"How do you know that?"

"He told me." He shrugs likes it should be obvious but my confused expression makes it clear to him that I'm completely lost. "You do know Wolvens can mind link don't you?"