Chapter Twenty-Three: Jax

I was patiently waiting for Dakota to wake back up. I wasn't nearly as worried as I had been for the past week since I knew she was okay. Even if she did pass out from exhaustion. Everyone had mainly gone home except for Sean. They all agreed they would come by bright and early tomorrow morning to visit us again. I was happy that things were going back to normal. I was also glad to hear that Jacob and Logan didn't hate me, but it devastated me to hear that they were being forced by Layla to stay away. I hope what we all said gets through her thick skull and she learns that I'm not going anywhere. I sigh as I lean back in my chair. Sean looks like he's been deep in thought for a while now.

"Everything alright, Sean?" Sean looked up at me and sighed.

"This whole situation man. It was just, so much bullshit that didn't need to happen. I don't even know why it happened." Sean sighed and rubbed his face. I frowned slightly.

"Yeah, I agree. I don't even know why Layla had thought what she did. Even then, she didn't have to get so hostile. If she was concerned, she could have come up to me and asked me questions like a regular person. She seemed okay with the fact that weeks ago she challenged my father to a fight. She didn't say a single thing on the topic. Does she always lash out like that?" Sean groaned slightly.

"No, she is never like this, which is why I am so confused. She has never acted like this before in her life, and I don't know what made her act like this." Sean moved around in his seat and leaned against the arm of the chair. I sighed and tried to think of things to talk about with Sean, as we weren't that close.

"So, how are you and Riley?" Sean smiled and perked up. I gave him a small smirk and let out a chuckle. Sean smiled and shook his head.

"We're great. I'm glad she changed her mind and decided to be with me. I love her with everything in me and she loves me in return. We work well together." Sean smiled and I gave him a small smile in return.

"I'm glad you two were able to work things out. You two deserve one another." 

"Thank you, Jax. I appreciate that coming from you." Sean groaned and stood up to stretch. After a moment he walked over to Dakota's bed and kissed her head. He wiped some of her hair back and sighed.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go home now. Will you let me know when she wakes up?" 

"Yeah, of course. I'll let everyone know when she wakes up." Sean smiled.

"Thanks, man. I'll see you later Jax." Sean waved and I gave a short wave back and leaned back in my chair. I heard my stomach rumble and I groaned. I pressed the call nurse button and the nurse from earlier came in.

"Yes, Alpha?" 

"I was wondering if I could get some food since I haven't eaten in a week." The nurse's eyes went wide and nodded furiously and ran away. I let out a dry chuckle and sighed. After a few more moments, the nurse came back with a tray of food.

"Here you go, Alpha. Let me know if you need anything else." She bowed and I nodded my head. I slowly ate my food and drank the water they gave me. They had given me chicken, two biscuits, some vegetables and a pitcher of water along with a cup. I watched Dakota intently to see if she would do anything. I know I should be less worried since I know she is going to wake up again, but I can't help but feel paranoid.

I have a bad feeling that something bad is going to happen to Dakota. I know it's mostly just paranoia, and that nothing will happen, but I can't help but worry about her. Butter forcefully woke her up, and we don't know if she was ready to wake up on her own just yet. She doesn't feel like she will be going into another coma, so I know I don't have to worry about that. I sighed as I leaned back in my seat after finishing my food. I laid my head on the back of the chair when I heard my stomach rumble again. I groaned as I realized I was still hungry. I had pressed the call nurse button once again and the same nurse came in.