Chapter 27- Family Dinner

-Alarik-

I hadn't been able to get anywhere with my father, and I knew Hazel's father wouldn't be any easier. I still wasn't sure why they were dead set on marrying the packs together. If they wanted cooperation between us, they didn't have to do this, there were many other ways.

Allison had sent me a text telling me that she wanted to talk to Hazel. I knew she did, I'd sensed it from her, and I also knew the reason why. But I really didn't want to introduce the two of them.

We were all sitting at the dinner table; my father, Alpha O'Brian, Hazel, and myself, waiting for my mother to bring the food out. Apparently my dad had wanted to start the family bonding straight away and get some of the specifics out of the way.

"This is an excellent business adventure for both packs," my father started.

Business adventure, as if that's all it was and he wasn't leagally binding his son to some Alpha chick.

"I quite look forward to it, Sir," Hazel said in that sultry voice. Her hand reaching over and grabbing my knee, making it's way up slowly.

My body went rigid at her touch and that night in the club came back to me, my face heating up. That really wasn't one of my proudest moments. Her hand kept moving higher, massaging my upper thigh, her nails applying pressure.

"Can I speak with you in private after we're done here?" I asked, talking to her quietly.

"Sure," she purred.

She finally removed her hand and I sent a silent thanks up to the gods hoping that she would be able to keep them off me the rest of the evening.

We ate dinner relatively silently, listening to both of our fathers talking away about how excited they were. Occasionally Hazel would pitch in with how excited she was as well. I was forced to agree when I was pinned down by my father's stare.

Somehow we'd managed to make it this long without him finding out that Allison and I were still together. He still thought she'd rejected me, and my mood hadn't really given him reason to thank differently. We hadn't spent much time togehter, and that had started wearing on both of us.

After dinner, our fathers had unfortunately taken the study so I had to take Hazel up to my room. As soon as the door was closed, she was on me. Her long arms wrapped around my neck, her fingers curling into my hair.

Her lips were on mine, moving fluidly, her teeth grazing my lips. I was frozen for a moment.

No, no this was not what I'd in mind at all. I pulled back and her lips turned down into a pout, looking at me like I'd just scolded her.

"This is not what I meant when I said I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh but this will be way more fun than talking," she said trying to move in again.

I held my hand up, stopping her. "No, I really need to talk to you, it's about this wedding."

"I know, I'm not sure I'm ready to be tied down either, but we can always talk arrangements. And at least you're good looking, and I already know what you're like in bed," she said with a sly smile.

I stopped dead with those words. Was she confirming that I had in fact had sex with her that night? That's sure what it sounded like. I couldn't believe myself, how could I have gone through with something like that? How could I have done that to Allison?

I had to push on, I had to make myself clear with Hazel that this wasn't going to happen, no matter what may have happened between us in the past. "No, I don't want the wedding to happen. Not at all, I don't have second thoughts about being tied down, I just don't want to marry you."

"What?"

I knew I'd pressed a button. She'd gone from sly and playful and turned into something else entirely. Her eyes were hard as they pinned me down.

"You don't want to marry me? Why the hell not?"

"Because I found my mate."

"And who is she? Is she an Alpha that can give you everything I can? I can give you an entire pack. I have way more power."

"She's not an Alpha, she's just a normal girl, well, a normal werewolf. She's spunky, and not afraid to speak her mind, and there isn't anything special about her except that she's mine." That hadn't come out quite right, but it was essentially true. What made her special was that she was mine.

Hazel's eyes narrowed at me.

"And I was hoping that you would side with us. That you would tell your father that you didn't want the wedding either."

"Don't want the wedding? I couldn't give a rat's ass about the wedding. But I do want you, and I want this pack, and I'm not about to let some spunky bitch stand in my way."

"Hazel, listen to yourself. Do you really want to stand between mates? Is that really what you want to do?"

"If it means that I can get more power. I'm looking to get my hands on it as soon as possible, so whatever I have to say, whatever I have to do to get it, you bet your ass I'm going to do it."

Her eyes were fixed on me and that same sly smile returned. "And I'm going to get what I want." She started to move closer to me, those eyes freezing me where I stood. "I know you enjoyed the other night. You were so willing and so," she paused looking me up and down. "Well, amazing. You were totally into it."

"I was drunk and I don't remember any of it."

She just shook her head. "Whether you were drunk or not is of no consequence. It doesn't change the fact of what you did. You know they say that alcohol just brings out your true side. It lowers your inhibitions, lets the real you come out to play. You know it was what you wanted.

"What you did with me, you did all on your own. You're just like me, Alarik. You're a very powerful person, and with a person of power comes the little followers, those who just beg you to spend some of your time on their measily exuse for a life. I'm sure you've taken advantage of their desires. You were probably addicted to it, the way it made you feel for all of them to want you."

Her hands slid under my shirt and ran up my stomach, her nails scratching as they came back down.

"You see, we're a lot alike. And if you're anything like me, there's one thing you already know. I don't like being turned down or denied of anything. If I want you and this pack. Well," her mouth moved to mine again before standing on her tip toes and biting my earlobe none too gentle. "Then I will have you and this pack."

"And if we're a lot alike, then you know I won't let that happen," I said pushing her away from me. "If you want to test your power, you better get within your own territory. You're completely out of line here."

"Do you really think so? And what if I went down and told daddy dearest all about your attempt at stopping this wedding to be with that girl? Do you think he would be happy about that? Because he seemed thrilled with the wedding plans."

I just glared at her. It appeared we were at a stalemate, and this was exactly why I'd wanted to try to avoid going to her as long as possible. Because I knew her personality, and I'd been afraid this was going to be the result. And if she was like me, I knew there was nothing she wouldn't do to get her way, and that was what worried me.

********************

Well heck. Maybe this wasn't the best idea... Hopefully they can come up with something that will stop Hazel and her power crazed self.

Remember to leave your COMMENTS and VOTES. Let me know what you thought of the chapter, and what you think's going to happen.