Chapter 5

Soon, three Anbu were at the Hokage's door, they knocked. Waiting for her to give them permission to step into her office. "Enter."

They all entered her room respectfully, giving a short bow. "Anbu Squad 3 reporting, Hokage-sama." The one with a Bird mask said. Bird could feel his teammates going stiff as soon as they entered the office due to four, familiar figures standing beside the desk.

Tsunade looked sharply at the Anbu Squad and nodded towards the door, "We are expecting few more people." Just as she uttered those words, the door was knocked again and Uchiha Itachi was wheeled inside by none other than the Copy ninja himself.

"Masks off." She ordered and Anbu complied, Revealing the three of Konoha 12. Tsunade motioned the three to come closer.

She handed Neji a scroll, "Read it." Shikamaru and Sakura read from behind Neji's shoulder. Eyes widened at the information in scroll. Shikamaru froze, looking up. "That.... Certainly change things..."

Sakura didn't know what to feel. The pity she felt for the elder Uchiha returned tenfold. And for the first time in so many years, she finally looked at the boys of her past. There stood Naruto and Sasuke. They had grown up, just like she had. The blue eyes which held innocence and naive optimism are now hardened with tragedies they experienced. But somehow, those eyes softened as they met Sakura's. Not liking the the way they looked at her in such warmth, she turned to Tsunade.

"Lady Hokage, what is our mission?"

Tsunade nodded, "Neji, Shikamaru will be on guard Duty. If Danzo got to know, It would be a disaster. And Sakura," She turned to the pinkette, "You did a wonderful job with healing him. I knew I could count on you." Sakura beamed at the praise.

"Thank you, My lady. I had the best teacher."

Tsunade smiled, "You are to stay with Uchiha Itachi till he recovered. The trial would be held as soon as we have enough proof. Till then, Uchiha Itachi, Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Naruto must live in secrecy. I expect the best from my most capable Anbu."

The three bowed again, "You won't be disappointed, Hokage-sana." Said Neji. 

Sakura let her eyes roam towards her former teammates. Taking in the way they all look like a blend of familiar and stranger. They changed physically. Yet, Naruto still radiates sunshine in his aura, and Sasuke still has that mysterious air around him. She could feel their eyes on her. A small smile spread on Naruto's face as he caught her eyes. Sakura kept her face blank although inside there was a storm going on.

'Think of them as your mission. Nothing more. They are nothing more to you.' She mentally scolded herself.