Chapter 44 Rogues 2

:Ellana:

I sink lower, screaming in pain.

Elisa and Morgan rush over to me.

The pain is clouding my vision.

No, no, no, no.

Aubrey whines in my head, and the slight gesture of somebody touching my body sends me into an abyss.

:Shane:

I feel a slashing across my throat and drop to the grass, barely breathing, gasping for some form of oxygen.

Pain floods throughout my whole body, and I start to sob.

This can't be.

I stagger across the lawn, carrying Jack's shorts.

I checked on the luna. She was fine.

I look into the middle of the training grounds.

Jack is slumped onto the ground in human form, one bright red arrow protruding from his chest.

I let my nose run. I let the tears flow. Where is my mate?

"Get a doctor!" I yell, infuriated.

A few people rush over, though I keep my trek across the grass into the forest.

My cries fill the air, but my mind is on one person.

Tyler.

"Tyler?!" I croak.

I start to pick up the pace, the clearing just up ahead.

I enter the sunlight in a couple minutes.

Wolves stand in defence. "Your alpha rogue is dead! Where is my mate?!"

A few cheers arupt, a few rogues flee to the safety of the trees, but get stopped by the patrol that is back in order.

I can't imagine what a wreck I must look like, stumbling about, blood all over, a few broken bones...

My body trembles when I see a small, limp body hung up on the side of a building.

I am confused, sad, hurt, and angry at the same time.

I push people out of my way, not bothering to listen to their warnings.

When I reach him, I untie his body and let it fall into my arms, kneeling down.

My tears fall like waterfalls, and a new, raw pain explodes in my body.

I start to see stars, and my face plunges into my dead mate's chest, darkness taking over.

***

"Shane..."

I groan, but I can't move.

I gasp, and my eyes widen.

"Shane," Ellana says, tears brimming her eyes.

I am pulled up onto my feet.

I take in my surroundings. The blinding sunlight is not the nicest feeling.

I grumble and look at the grass.

I am numb. I see my mate laying there. "I need to fix him," I mumble, using all my weight to attempt to lower myself to the ground, but whoever has me is strong.

"What?"

"I need to fix him."

"Shane." This time it's Jack.

What? Jack is dead...

"Shane. Get up. Come on. You're not thinking clearly."

I groan. "Let go of me, you fucking bastard. Let me see my mate."